Tuesday 15 January 2013

Anything Goes Challenge - Buttons and Bows

Hi all, I'm so excited, I have been excepted into the design team at Anything Goes Challenge Blog which is run by the shop Craft Den. The new challenge this fortnight is Buttons and Bows (EEEK bows, you will see how awful my bows are lol and I do try really really hard!!!) and I decided to go for a tag (as we initially didn't start until today but when we found out at the weekend we got in we was asked if we wanted to do something so I only had time for a tag lol).  I really wasn't sure where I was going with this but I finally got there in the end :-) Hope you all have a go and please go and visit the rest of the design team as they have done amazing creations. I would also like to enter my tag into the challenge over at Come and Get it Challenges which is Wrap a Ribbon around it :-)


I shall add links as I talk through what I did to where they are in the Craft Den :-). I started out with a blank tag and stuck on paper from Graphic 45 Once Upon a Time Flights of Fancy, then with my finger I covered the sides with Fresco paint vintage lace, I then used the swirl stamp from Indigo Blu Music Hall 1 and stamped with with the vintage lace paint.  I made sure it was dry then on my craft sheet I mixed Distress stain - peeled paint and Crafty Notions Gold Spray and some water then dipped the tag into it, dried, then dipped again, keep doing this until you have a good coverage, you can see from the tag that the Fresco paint resists this so the swirl and edges really pop, mop up the rest with some white ribbon. The next stage I sewn around the edges and then inked the edges with Viva Inka Gold - gold. Next I mixed a little bit of gold mica powder with a bit of gold embossing powder, I then stamped with versamark the Paperartsy stamp and covered it with the mix then heat from the back, this gives a very light twig at the back, I then re stamped with versamark then embossed with gold embossing powder.  The button is one I made a few weeks ago, I used white fimo, then used a circle cutter, then stamped with brillance navy inkpad and then made holes. So I bet your wondering how did it turn green lol, well I painted it with alcohol ink, then when dry I repeated the painting just in the groves where the stamp made a mark and quickly covered with gold mica powder, then when dry gave it a spray with the crafty notions gold spray. I used Tim Holtz ideology to hang off the ribbon at the top, but first I used a bit of the viva inka gold.  The ribbon at the bottom I slightly darkened by adding a bit more of the distress stain.

I really am happy that I managed to get the angle right while taking a picture, you can really see the gold spray sparkling through at the top, that is all the way to the bottom but you can't quite see it lower down, and I absolutely love how the Fresco paint vintage lace resisted the stain and spray.
Right I shall be off, I have work this morning, so the quicker I do it the quicker I can play and visit.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kerry :-)

12 comments:

cheryl said...

this is stunning hun just love this welcome to the team too love Cheryl xxxxxx

Carol said...

Superb Tag Kezzy!! Lots of techniques used in this which I adore and love to play about with aswell. The whole creation really gels well together..well done designing this challenge!!1 Didn't join this one!

Will be great working together
From your newbie team member
Hugs Carol xx

Annie said...

Such a pretty tag Kerry....and that's coming from someone who doesn't really like green :-)
Hugs,
A x

rachel said...

stunning make Kerry - really beautiful tag - love it to bits xx

Words and Pictures said...

Congrats on joining the Anything Goes DT, Kerry - fantastic! Love your first tag - so subtly glamorous...
Alison x

Christine L said...

This is gorgeous hon.. loving the detail! And that gold twig stamp looks so fab...

Welcome to the team - looking forward to working with you!

Hugs
Christine x

Lynne said...

Just gorgeous! Welcome to the team. Hugs Lynne xx

xxcalamityxx said...

Your tag is just beautiful, looking forward to working with you xhugsx Nikki

Annette said...

Beautiful work with your tag! Love it!
Welcome to the team, I'm looking forward working with you!
Hugs Annette
Ps! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog! I used Distress ink to colour my teddy :)

Nat said...

Beautiful tag, love the colours and your heat embossing is fab. Congrats on the DT post, I look forward to seeing more of your creations! Thanks for joining us at Come & Get It this week.
Natx

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous tag Kezzy, love the design. Welcome to the team
Hugs
Tamara

Steph said...

Welcome to the DT! You'll love it! Though I'm leaving, I'll be visiting you all in blogland. Fab tag- love all the different textures on it! x