Sunday 6 October 2013

Paperartsy Inspiration

Hi all, over at the Paperartsy Blog this weeks designer is the awesome Jo Myhill, pop on over there and see her amazing projects.  One of her projects was using Treasure Gold as paints, and she even was honest and shown us her mistake but she didn't give up and she changed it into a gorgeous project.
Now I hate what I have done, first off I didn't have the pearl treasure gold so used inky gold instead which after using treasure gold it's so not the same and I can't wait to finish this inky gold pearl so I can get the treasure gold version.  Secondly I tried using Pebeo gel medium to add my tissue and the tissue didn't disappear like I wanted it to.  Then I tried to hide it and lets just say non of it worked.  I am only showing you what I have done because Jo did lol.  I want to have another go at this to see if I can get the effect I wanted.  It is a christmas night scene lol, the first photo is edited darker just to show you how I wish it had a been lol and then the rest are all original :-).

Edited darker lol

Rest are all original.





Right I better be off, I should have entered this yesterday, plus a World Day Card post but my computer had a Trojan, it took most of day thinking blogger was hating me, to the point that I would have quite happily thrown the computer out of the window.  We are pretty sure we have now got rid of it, but to be sure we are using a different malware program this afternoon.  The World Day post for yesterday will be up shortly :-)
Talk about fun and games, I shall be emailing my contacts to tell them as well just in case.
Hope you have a relaxing Sunday
Lots of hugs
Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Paperartsy Fresco paints - eggplant and inky pool
Paperartsy Stamps - LPC008 and LPC004
Paperartsy grunge paste
Paperartsy - satin glaze
Paperartsy Chipboard shapes - ES03
Treasure gold - renaissance
Inky Gold - Pearl
Imagination Crafts - Diamond sparkle medium
Tim Holtz layering stencil - rays
Crafters Workshop stencil - mini punchinella
Crafty Notions - white puff paint
Archival jet black
Reeves acrylic paint - silver
Tissue paper
Archival jet black inkpad

7 comments:

Craftyfield said...

It's not that bad! It's a great scene whatever the darkness.

Jo said...

Hi Kezzy, it's all learning isn't it and at the same time great fun! There is a great idea lurking in this keep at it to achieve what you want. Jo xx

ionabunny said...

Love the lady in the moon and the way the light seems to go from the rays to the stars

Julie Lee said...

Actually I think this is gorgeous! Like Jo says there is a great idea in there. You have the imagination, Kezzy, it's just the materials that weren't up to scratch - you can't beat good old Paper Artsy for their own products and finding the best of the rest! I love your moon and the way you incorporated the Lynn Perrella stamp of the buildings. Jo is so talented and so right. Next time you're going to get this just as you envisioned it, I know. I already like what you did, though; it just doesn't meet your high expectations, but I reckon you'll be pleased with it in the end. Julie Ann xx :)

Lucy Edmondson said...

Well I think it looks great. I love those buildings,

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - what fantastic textures... and even though it didn't match up to where you wanted to go, it has great atmosphere!
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Fabulous textures & I love the moon!
Alison xx