Thursday 3 October 2013

Guest Designer for C.R.A.F.T. Challenge

Hi all, I can't believe I'm doing my first ever post as a Guest Designer, how exciting.  I have over the last few weeks gained some badges, which I shall be trying to sort over the next few days and I have a badge for being guest designer, so I'm sorry it's not up yet.  For my Distressed Clock post I won and also got star of the month for August over at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge Blog.  They work from digis from sponsors, actually they have loads of sponsors and weekly challenges and the DT are awesome.  Now I haven't done many cards lately and certainly not had my promarkers out for awhile so I really enjoyed doing this, but I didn't actually do a card lol!!!!
I would like to enter my creation into the following challenges
Passion for Promarkers Challenge - Lots of legs (6)
OOzak Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges2 - Anything Goes

The base is old ribbon reels which were painted and heat embossed.
The digi is from Wags 'n' Whiskers (called furry friends) which
were coloured with promarkers.  All the details of what I used
and what promarkers I used at the end of the page :-)



Right I better be off, hope you enjoyed this project, not quite my style but I did enjoy it :-)
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Digi Stamp - Wags 'n' Whiskers (furry friends)
Rubber and clear stamps - Indigo Blu (script background, vintage flourish), Debbie Moore (sentiment)
Cardboard cut with Tim Holtx Sizzix circles
Old ribbon reels
Gesso (claudine hellmuth which is fantastic, really think and yummy)
Pebeo high viscosity acrylic DYNA 354 Iridescent red/blue paint
Wow white embossing powder
Ink it up white inkpad
Archival vermillion
Pink fibre and gems
Promarkers and Flexmarkers - Two types of pink - Vermillion, Shocking Pink, Wild Cranberry and Watermelon, Carmine.  The pink on the faces was carmine and fuchsia pink.  The Dog - Saffron, Ginger, Spice, Pumpkin, Warm Grey 4. Middle Cat - Warm grey 1,2,3,4,5 and a touch of Tria CG01. Light Grey cat - Ice Grey 1,2,3,4,5. Other - Cool Grey for noses 4 and 5.
Card printed was from Stampin Up white

10 comments:

Gio said...

This is really cute!! I love the cats and the base...they look so glamorous!

Julie Lee said...

Hi Kezzy! Well done with your well deserved successes! And many congrats on the GD post. I agree that this is not your usual style of crafting, but I love the originality of where you took these rather whimsical little characters. The cotton reels are such a great idea; I love the way you decorated them and the vivid colours of the animals work really well. It might have been a bit of a new departure but it turned out charming! Julie Ann xxxxx

Sue said...

WOW!! This is fabulous! I love design and gorgeous image coloured so beautifully too.
Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week
Sue xx

Donna said...

Wow, what a stunning project Kezzy, a real explosion of colour and beautifully designed! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week :) Donna ♥ x

ddazzled71 said...

Kezzy, this is just fabulous, those cats are just adorable. Beautiful work! Hope you have a great weekend! Danie xx

Sandy said...

This is so cute Kezzy and I LUVE those bright and colorful Kitty Kats!
Sandy

Words and Pictures said...

Just like the cats said - "Fabulous!"...
Alison x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Kezzy,
What a fabulous project. It looks fantastic. Love those cats. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Samantha Casey said...

Very pretty creation! Great job! Thanks for joining the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha

Sarah said...

How fun! Love all the bright colors and great reuse of ribbon spools! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!