Wednesday 16 October 2013

An Angel to Watch over you :-)

Hi ya, sorry  this should have been up on Sunday, but ended up going out all day as the kids were out with their dad and stepmum so I completely forgot oops.  So it's time for a new challenge over at That Craft Place Challenge Blog which is Colour Pink.  I have also done a bit of a step by step as I did this large tag :-)
I would like to enter the following challenges -
Fashionable Stamping Challenge Blog - Stencils or masks (angel mask)
Craft Your Passion Challenge Blog - Add some embossing (I used an embossing folder on the bottom of the tag and heat embossing on the leaves and edges.











The stencil is from That Craft Place Shop which have started
doing their own masks, stamps etc.  Isn't the angel beautiful.
I started with the stencil, a large tag and distress paint white.

Next I dabbed the paint on a piece of foam pad and tapped lightly,
I did two coats.

I then used a scrip stamp with the paint and stamped all over the tag.
I also stamped over the angel, because she was dry you can use a 
baby wipe to carefully wipe it off the paint.

Next I used distress stains and added them to a spritzer bottle.

Then lots of spritzes, I also mopped up the seepage ink with some ribbon
and a flower.

Next I mixed some perfect pearl mists with some water in a spritzer then spritzed.
(lots of spritzes going on lol)

Next I used the same inkpads at the stains and added it to the tag.

Then more spritzing with water to get some lovely splodges 

Then I took some Tim Holtz tissue wrap and die cut them then added the 
spritzing of stains and perfect pearls.
And then ...........  I learned the sparkling blingy leaves from Tammy Tutterow called
jeweled leaves, so pop on over their and have a look, seriously her
tutorials every Tuesday are amazing and she works with
most of Tim Holtz products all the time and is a designer with Sizzix.

Then I spritzed the mat with the stains and picked some up with the card for
the words background, plus added some more to the ribbon in places
I missed earlier.

Next I used an embossing folder for the bottom of the tag.

Then rubbed treasure gold on top with a piece of thingy (brain gone can't
think what they are called!!!!)
I also when I did the jeweled leaves I added UTEE around the tag edges.
Then pop the flowers on, the top flower was altered with the ink from
earlier, the rest were bought ones that I'm trying to use up as I have
hundreds!!!

Right I better be off as I have another post to do for woyww, plus another post to do and then another post for Friday so busy busy busy lol.
Thank you so much for visiting
Hugs :-)
Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
That Craft Place angel mask
Stamps - Indigo Blu (script background), Stampendous (tiny alphabet)
Distress Stains - picked raspberry, worn lipstick, spun sugar
Distress Ink pads - picked raspberry, worn lipstick, spun sugar
Distress paints - picket fence
Perfect Pearl powder - pink gumball
Perfect Pearl mists - Pearl
Ranger #10 Tag
Sizzix Prima Albany Rose (leaves)
Woodware micro beads
Tim Holtz wrap
Treasure gold rose quartz
Creative Expressions - Couture creations Intrinsic embossing folder
Pee Wee sassy pink glitter
Wow princess pink and amber rose embossing powders
UTEE
Archival jet black ink pad

7 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Wow! Kezzy! This is gorgeous! I love all the texture and the great spritzting!I love to do that, but I think I need my shed in the garden to be built soon, as I always manage to spritz everything I shouldn't! The angel is gorgeous! I love angels and I kind of believe in them - maybe in human form! I think there are a fair sprinkling of them out in Blogland, spreading love, encouragement to others and creativity and you are a special one of that angel host! Lots of hugs to you at this difficult time! Stay strong! Lots of love - Julie Ann xx

Michelle said...

Wow this is fantastic. I like the angel image and the embossed border.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle

Esther said...

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely tag with us at FSC - amazing vibrant colours and love the masking/resist technique..Esther xx

Kaylee Snyder said...

This is stunning. Wonderful altered look. I love the bright pink combined with the vintage stencil. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again.

Fliss said...

Definitely pretty in pink Kezzy. A fabulous background and thanks for sharing how you made it too.
Thanks for joining in with our FSC challenge.
Fliss x

Yvonne Garner said...

Stunning tag! A stencil I had not seen before. Love your color choices! Thank you for joining us at FSC!

Words and Pictures said...

Scintillating colours, and such fab texture too. The angel is wonderful.
Alison xx