Sunday 24 July 2011

Just Add Ink 177 and Colour Throwdown #151

Hi ya, hope you all had a fantastic weekend, (or still enjoying the last bit!).  Over at Just Add Ink the challenge this week is the sketch below and over at Colour Throwdown the colours are below.




This is the second time I have ever followed a sketch and first time on the colour pallette, and I have to admit, I'm never sure what you can and can't change on a sketch.  On my card I change the squares to circles and flower to a kit and I managed to get every colour in somewhere, even if it was just a bit.  The stamp is creative expressions, I used my mind's eye lime twist fly a kite patterened paper, ribbon scraps and bazzill stock.
Wish I could have taken pic in the day but the colour throwdown finishes in a few hours.
Thanks for sharing and I hope your week begins well.  Kezzy xxx

6 comments:

artyfartystuff said...

This is such an elegant card! Really peaceful and effective.

Karen said...

This is just amazing, love the Kite.

Nikki Spencer said...

Fab use of this weeks JAI sketch, love that kite! beautiful soft colour combo. Thanks for playing.

Paula Dobson said...

I LOVE this take on the sketch challenge Kezzy! Your Kite tail is too cute. Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

Kristin Eberline said...

Wonderful take on the challenge!

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love your kites Kezzy and I am quite amazed that you could create such a beautiful card with that many bright colours. Your take on the sketch is wonderful! So glad you could play along at JAI this week.