Sunday 18 January 2015

Broken Hearted

Hi ya, hope your all having a peaceful Sunday, I have been chilling while crafting.  I keep looking at the ironing, but then pretend I don't see it lol.  I have done a piece for Paperartsy challenge of Fabric Papers for my DT project for That Craft Place Challenge Blog which is Love/Valentine. I love to play with tissue, it gives such great texture when scrunched up. I have also done a step by step, I'm afraid I haven't got enough time to go through it, so any questions then please ask :-).  All products are Paperartsy apart from the crackle stamp and mini alphabet, a product list will be at the bottom of the post.

Fresco goes rustic, I have been wanting to play for awhile trying to
get a good rusty background with my PA paints.  I haven't quite got it yet
but it's certainly fun trying :-)



You can really see the lines of the scrunched up tissue, especially where the black hit it.







Step by step .............................................






Just a quick not, one thing I am loving at the moment is using my water brush
with the paints, it means I can flush water easily where I want.















Using the masking fluid was a bit of a test, think I need a bigger background
to really know if it will work well.












Didn't do the crackle thick enough so not many cracks.




















Right I better be off, hope you enjoyed my post today, thank you so much for taking the time to visit.
Happy Creating :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Product List
Paperartsy Fresco Paints - tikka, french roast, bora bora, brown shed, pumpkin soup, cinnamon.
Paperartsy Medium - Crackle
Paperartsy Stamps - EDY01
Other Mediums - Daler Rowney (art masking fluid), Golden (high solid gel)
Ink Pads - Distress (black soot), Archival (jet black)
Adirondack Alcohol Ink - rust, teak wood
Treasure Gold - brass, copper
That Craft Place - Wooden Base and Wooden Heart
Rusty Wire
Charm broken in half
Rusted material and rusted chicken wire from stash
Metal Wing
Stamps - Stampendous (tiny alphabet), Creative Expressions (textures)
Sand

5 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

This totally awesomely stunning! The barbed wire looks incredible and all the stages for texture and effects work amazingly well. This is a bit jaw dropping! Kezzy, you are a star! Xx

Sarah B said...

wow - this must have taken ages Kezzy. Love the final rusty effect piece. xx

Sarah B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PaperArtsy said...

YOu crazy lady!! There is this thing called rusting powder. So I am half way thru doing something similar...didn't quite have it ready for the Topic 2 video...but along the same lines as you. GP, tinted with Space Cadet, applie to greay board, stamped into oit for texture...then sprinkled into it rusting powder. Spritzed for 3 hours with vinegar/ water...tadaaaaa RUST

Bit quicker, but i need to go back with brown shed, p-soup etc to knock back the space cadet.... will reveal at some point!

Unknown said...

Wow Kezzy I love this piece of art, so rich and rustic. I especially love those wings layered under your heart. A great step by step as always too. xx