Sunday 9 February 2014

Paperartsy Inspiration - Reading is my Sanctuary

Hi all, I have just popped on to enter my bookmark into the Paperartsy Inspiration Blog and this weeks designer is the ultra amazing Claire Lloyd, her work and her blog is truly awesome and so inspirational.  I have took inspiration from her first creation which is a tag, but I did a bookmark instead.  I love reading and lost my bookmark ages ago, and I have been meaning to make on but never got around to it, but the minute I saw her tag I knew it had to be a bookmark lol. She also teaches you, this week, to draw a face, I haven't quite finished mine so will blog it sometime next week.  Just realised, I haven't taken any pictures of the back, it's exactly the same but without the wording, also I used canvas sheets not a tag so it would be nice and soft for my book :-).

One of my colour combinations this year is going to be
blue and green.  I am always inspired by Alison Bomber (aka Butterfly)
who uses these colours alot in her art so I thought that
I shall have a go.  I really love the colours together, but I think
it my mums saying of 'blue and green should never be seen',
I think that it means in clothing, as I think they look gorgeous
together.








I find that using my gelli plate while stamping is so much easier,
I get the right amount of paint on the stamp.
And of course I can use the paint for a print.

I used two tags that I had already used for mopping up, to
use on the leftover pattern on the gelli plate.

I wanted the word Sanctuary and many times trying to ink just that part,
well I decided I would cut it out instead, which means that I could
use another word in that area when using the whole stamp.

As you can see here, I get a nice image with my gelli plate, but I also
get a nice print just using foam or a paint brush, I just find this way quicker.

I used Fresco Guacamole and mixed it with Fresco Satin Glaze to
do my kiss stamping dots (I did a quick tutorial here showing the kiss stamping
with Paperartsy Lin Brown stamps, they are made for this technique lol).
By mixing the glaze in, it helps the paint stay wetter a little longer (not much
as that's the best about Fresco it dries quick and gorgeous),
but long enough to do the kiss stamping.  
I had loads left so out came some more mopping up tags, I also 
used the flower about, as you can see the opaque paint becomes slightly translucent 
but not much.  

Right I better be off, I have a day in the craft room so want to be getting inky and painty lol.  Starting from this evening the ultra awesome amazing and good friend Julie-Ann Lee will be demonstrating over on the Paperartsy Inspiration Blog and she always makes such gorgeous creations.  Also this week Paperartsy shall be showing all their new products which I am so excited about, it started last night with stamps from Darcy Wilkinson who's art and stamps are really out of the box awesome, I can't wait to own some lol.
Happy Crafting :-)
Lots of Hugs
Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Paperartsy Stamps - HP1006 (sanctuary), LPC014 (script), ELB04 (flower), HP1005 (swirl), Words 2 (letters)
Paperartsy Fresco Paint - south pacific, mermaid, bora bora, snowflake, guacamole, tinned peas, hyde park.
Paperartsy Fresco Satin Glaze
Other stamps - Creative Expressions (vintage heart - dots), Stampendous (small typewriter alphabet)
Spellbinders circle dies
Sharpie black pen
Book Paper
Ink pads - Archival (jet black, sap green, aquamarine)
Crafters Workshop Stencils (mini kaleidoscope)
Crawford & Black - canvas sheet
Gelli Plate

4 comments:

rachel said...

wonderful tag Kerry and I know what you mean about about the lue and green colour scheme - fabulous xx

Clare Lloyd said...

stunning tag. thanks for your comments on your post, very kind.thanks for joining the PaperArtsy challenge. x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely glorious, Kezzy! You already know I love the colours (thank you for the shout out!), and the canvas gives such lovely added texture. Couldn't agree more with the thought about reading, though these days my craft table has become another sanctuary.

Great tip about the paint stamping from the Gelli plate, thank you. And yes, I'd heard the phrase about blue and green too, but I reckon that it's the sky + leaves/grass/plants, the most beautiful things out there, so how can it be wrong!!
Alison xx

Carol Q said...

stunning tag Kezzy. Blue and green are usually my "go to" colours. Funny - there are a few of us bloggers who seem to have be the same.