Thursday 28 June 2012

Mojo Monthly - All about Men

Hi all, can't believe I did this for my Dad's birthday on 5th June (still got the hot glue gun burn!!!) and I haven't shown you all yet lol.  My inspiration came from Hels article in the May 2012 Craft Stamper and of course I wanted to try something new for Mojo Monthly as I really like to do new techniques for it.  Sarah who does Mojo Monthly has just had a gorgeous baby called Ruby so a big congratulations to the proud parents.

I had both these house frames from paperartsy that I bought about 3 years ago from the NEC, I followed Hels instructions with the frame using black dabber, then got OH to give it a good sand, then used walnut distress inkpad over it.  The background used manilla cardstock with distress inkpads and lots of stamping, think you can see the rest lol.  I am really proud of myself and my Dad loved it, it certainly gave me confidence to keep trying new things.

Thanks for visiting :-) hugs Kerry xxx

Recipe
Stamps - Paperartsy (words 2, ink & the dog minis 7, gentlemen 3, clocks 1, 5 and 6), Tim Holtz (ledger), Creative Expressions (timeless journey, vintage artist, vintage heart), Chocolate Baroque (mini curiosites) and Indigo Blu (yorkshire evening post)
Inkpads - Ranger Tim Holtz Distress (frayed burlap, vintage photo, walnut stain, rusty hinge) Stazon (black), Adirondack (snow cap pigment)
Adirondack pitch black dabber)
Ranger TH walnut stain distress embossing powder)
Adirondack alcohol inks (copper and rust)
Ranger Manilla Sheets
Dies - Tim Holtz sizzix (gears), Paperartsy (hardware #1)
Walnut Hollow - metal copper

4 comments:

Sarah said...

hello Kerry - at last! Thanks so much for the lovely wishes and blog message...just home and starting to find my way...rather slowly. I do hope you are also finding your way and more than anything not blaming yourself for anything... it must be very tough indeed to have this second blow...but somehow IT IS GOOD that the teachers have noticed the behaviour and advised you early on...there could be so many reasons and expert help at an early stage is so essential. Hubby works at a secondary school for boys with autistic/aperger syndrome/behavior problems. A supportive family and early guidance can make a world of difference. Even after only one week as a mum I know all you can do is love them and do you your best.

Thank you so much for making such a wonderful peace for My Mojo Monthly; I love the wooden frame and rich colours... those inky gents look fabulous. So good to see you're enjoying your creativity. Take one day at a time and take care of yourself too, you're doing way better than you think.

Lots of love,

Sarah

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Kezzy this is just such a lovely piece you have excelled at this sort of style never have myself thanks for sharing Shaz in oz.x

downrightcrafty said...

just beautiful
hugs Kate xx

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love these... rich browns, grungy, funky and really stylish!
Alison x