Sunday 27 July 2014

Paperartsy Inspiration - Locked Inside My Own Head

Hi ya, just popping on to show you my playing session today and last night for the Paperartsy Inspiration Challenge and this week I just had to play along with Darcy Wilkinson who played with glues this week.  You really need to see what she has done, it's truly awesome what you can do with some glue gel, also you neeeeeeeeed to pop over to her blog, she is such an amazing artist :-).  I also have mentioned two more ways that I use it, the last two pics plus the Locked inside my head ATC.  Both ATC's are available for a swap if your interested :-).  All the products are at the bottom of the page, also I separated it into what products I used for which ATC.
These are the results of playing, I used a High Solid Gel
as I didn't have the regular.

My first ATC also shows the other way I use the gel, around the corners
is some texture, I highlighted it with Treasure Gold, well it's great for rust 
techniques as well, it's playsand mixed with the gel, because the gel stays in place
you can really make the texture stand out, I have a tutorial for this when
I use Paperartsy paints and stamps to make a hot air balloon, but it won't be
on here until the 7th August :-)



Here you can really see the sand texture.

I just love the swirls, I did this with a scrapper tool.

I love this picture, it really shows the eyes and makes it spooky,
I also love how the gel picked up some blood orange on my mat while
I was adding the treasure gold, it lands right in the corner of the eye,
I meant to do that really!!!! lol

It is a bit bright compared to the above lol.
Now I wanted to use my pens to give a really cool background where you
keep adding pen then water to get it to cling to the edges of the gel, but
after 3 tries I realised that I hadn't used water paper, so I couldn't do any
more without the ATC falling apart so I added a final layer of limelight and water
dripping down into some areas.

You can see how the watercolour looks when it grabs the edges, I really
love how it does this.




 Another favourite with me (which I have just finished doing a step by step with
dylusions and this technique so will be on the blog shortly) is to
use my Dylusions to spray through a stencil, let it dry, then make sure your 
stencil is clean and put back into place and add the gel.
Because the underneath is reactive to wet medium, the gel
absorbs the colour underneath give a gorgeous glazed look, plus seals it as well.

Here you can see in the left corner where there wasn't any spray so it stayed clear.

Right I better be off, I go camping next Saturday so my usual Paperartsy Sunday play day will be in the week if I have time, but I can't wait to camp as we will have internet and I'm planning lots of rest while catching up with everyone as I have been so busy I haven't had the time, all my spare time has been playing in my craft room, so I really do apologise and will come and see what you have all been up to while camping.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe 
Both ATC's - 
Paperartsy Fresco - snowflake
Golden High Solid Gel
Paperartsy Cardstock
Paperartsy stamp for ATC back - MN32
Artful Bloom ATC -
Paperartsy Fresco - pansy, limelight, blood orange
Paperartsy Stencils - PS006
Paperartsy Stamps - ELB03,04
Paperartsy Grunge Flower 3 die
Caran d'Ache Fibralo - 185 - 220,210,249,245
Treasure Gold - brass, green amber
Archival jet black
Promarker black
Mod Podge mold
Locked Inside My Own Head ATC
Paperartsy Fresco - brown shed, cinnamon
Paperartsy Stamps - Urban snapshots stage lights, Eclectic 6
Tim Holtz stencil - stripes
Treasure Gold - onyxite, copper
Archival potting soil
Distress Ink - gathered twigs, antique linen
Stampendous alphabet stamps

6 comments:

Helen said...

oh,Kezzy,what fabulous glue play you've had!! Love the dylusions atc, and your glue-gel sand is fantastic; great texture. Have fun camping.

Lin said...

wow Kezzy you've been busy!! I love the brown one it is gorgeous!

Darcy Marshall said...

So fabulous. I wanted to add sand to mine aswell but totally ran out of time to go buy some. I almost added some builder sand that we have in the attic but wasn't sure it would be too heavy. I love the watercolours against the glue, you would think they wouldn't work, but of course they are both water based so they do work.

Really great pieces, thanks for playing along.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! In fact double wow! These are fabulous! Looking foward to using my skins! Chrisx

Julie Lee said...

Wow! Kezzy this is a tremendous post. I think the 'locked in my head' one is superb - a total work of art! I have been so busy with Mum having a new bathroom and I'm doing an online course, but I'm so glad I popped by to see your wonderful art! It completely knocked my socks off! Julie Ann xxx

Words and Pictures said...

These are just fabulous, Kezzy - that first one Locked In My Head is an absolute masterpiece - would love to swap if it's not already taken! But it needn't be until after your camping holiday - I'm swamped at the moment, so it's going to have to wait a bit in any case...

Brilliant adventures with Darcy's games, and sounds like you have some more of your own up your sleeve!

I hope you have a fabulous break. I've also been a terrible visitor lately, but there should be some catching up time soon...
Alison xx