Monday 28 July 2014

Creative Expressions - ART

Good morning, isn't the weather gorgeous in the UK at the moment, I'm certainly getting some washing done lol. It's Monday which means it's time for my Creative Expressions Blog creation and this week I am playing with Dina Wakely stencils, black embossing paste and Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent watercolours.  Now initially I was planning a double page in my large journal and I have a picture later on, but it all went wrong, I had added some Creative Expressions micro beads to the embossing paste, but in they end they didn't stick so when I started painting it was a huge splodge of beads and paint leaving lumps everywhere.  Normally I add the beads to Cosmic Shimmer embossing paste and all is fine, but I think the Ranger Studio 490 black paste dries too quickly lol.  So last night it was panic stations and I ended up doing a tag instead.  As always I shall highlight the products from Creative Expressions in my step by step :-)
I would like to enter the following challenges -
Crafty Catz Challenge - Anything Goes
The ABC Challenge - P is for Pearls (black pearls on the flowers)
Through The Craft Room Challenge - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create Challenge - Anything Goes/Optional add a sentiment
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Anything Goes

I have two main pictures as it's amazing how the iridescent watercolours
change in lighting :-)

You can imagine it glowing in the dark lol.  Lots of gorgeous shimmer.

Lots of close ups, again in different lighting so you can see the tag with
the sparkle and without.






And now for the step by step ...................................

I grabbed a watercolour card tag from my stash and painted it with
Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Paint Citron.

Next I took the Ranger Dina Wakely Stencil Tracks and Ranger Studio 490 Black
Embossing Paste.


Next I took the Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours and spritz with water,
I started with Green Pearl

I also painted around the embossing paste over the matt paint the Citron,
if I did this again I would leave it with the matt as I think the panels would pop more.

I also painted with the watercolours in Blue Pearl, Tropic Pearl, Red Pearl, Gold Pearl
and Lilac Pearl.

I took some card and painted it black with Eco Green Paint.

Then when the paint had dried I cut out the small flowers from Creative Expressions
Craft Dies Finishing Touches Faux Quilled Blooms and Classic Rose.

I then painted some with the watercolours above.

Now this I really want to explore more, stamping with the watercolours,
doesn't the pop of colour really stand out, I used the Script Stamps from
Creative Expressions Textures Stamp Set.

Next I took some of the painted flowers and stamped with Archival Jet Black Ink Pad
the same script stamp, think this might have been better with paint.

Lots of sparkle, so loving the die cut blooms.

I felt that the panels needed some texture so I took Eco Green Black Paint
and stamped through the stencil Creative Expressions stamps Bubble Wrap, Alpha Writing
and Chicken Wire (great stamps for mixed media).

Really loving the texture the stamped paint gives.

I wanted some splatters so I used Eco Green Black Paint on it's own and
mixed with Cosmic Shimmer Paint Gold Lime.

I took some black ribbon and used the water colours to colour it, I was really
surprised how vibrant it was.  I left it to dry overnight, but the this morning it was
slightly dull and dark so I really think it could have done with a few more coats.

When I painted the tag at the beginning I also painted some extra card stock, I always
do this in case I want some more for sentiments etc, I stamped the ART stamp
from Creative Expressions Vintage Artist Stamp Set with Archival jet black inkpad.
I then used the black paint to edge both the tag and the sentiment I then watercoloured
around the edges of both.

I then stuck the flowers on, building them up first with each other.
I then added black card around the edges, added some doodling and then the ribbon.

These are the journal pages I had started before it all went very very wrong.


Right I better be off, thank you so much for joining me this morning.  I shall be back this evening with the tutorial that I was supposed to put on here on Saturday lol.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

4 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous tag Kezzy thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne x (DT)

Cara said...

Wow - lots going on with that tag. Very cool! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

Mojca said...

Waw What a gorgeous creation. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous shimmery tag - such a clever idea with the textured panels.
Alison xx