Monday 7 July 2014

Creative Expressions - Mum

Good morning, It's Monday which means it's time for my creation over at the Creative Expressions Blog and this month we are playing with Sparkle Texture Paste and Stencils, I am loving July lol.  I get to play with the awesome Dina Wakely masks, and today I made a card for my mum's birthday.  Now you may be thinking blue and purple again, but this card set off the weekend makes not the other way around lol.  As always I shall highlight all the products of Creative Expressions :-).
I would like to enter the following challenges -
The Pink Elephant Challenge - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Make your Mark (sewing and texture)
Crafty Sentiments Challenge - No Designer Papers
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge - Anything Goes
Fantastic Tuesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Loves Rubber stamps Challenge - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

I so love this card, I never thought I would be doing a clean looking Mum card
with Dina Wakely stencils, but here is the proof :-)

Lots of close ups :-)





Doesn't the sparkle look fabulous, and it dries really fast as well.



And now for the step by step ...............

I cut a circle from acetate using Spellbinders Circle Die.

I used some Creative Expressions Coconut Card Stock and added some tape
around the outside for a border, I then sprayed a little bit of adhesive to the back
of my acetate circle and added it into the middle.

Next I taped down Ranger Dina Wakely Stencil Plastic Canvas

Then I used my palette knife and spread a mix of Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle
Texture Paste Lavender Mist and Perrywinkle.

I peeled off the stencil and cleaned it straight away.  I normally can just use
Creative Expressions Boss Wipes, but I also had to rinse under some warm water
to rinse all that glitter, seriously this paste is packed with gorgeous glitter :-)

I took the acetate circle away and the tape around the edges and left the card
to dry.  I have saved the circle as it looked awesome covered in the paste, I didn't take a
picture but I'm sure you will see it soon on some creation lol.

I lightly sponged Distress Ink Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire,
it may not look to blended but I knew I was going to be using some mist on it.

I sprayed a lot of Cosmic Shimmer Mist Pearl over the
above card stock and left dry.

Next I stamped Creative Expressions Lilly Spray with Archival jet black ink
and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Detail clear powder.

Sorry not a good picture, I highlighted them using my coloured pencils
(details at the bottom of the page) and edged with Distress Maker
Seedless Preserves.  I then added drops of Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle
Texture paste on the tops, as if I was using a glitter glue.

I added a stencilled Mum with the sparkle paste and did some
stitching around the edge.  I then matted on some Creative Expressions Navy
Card Stock and then on a card blank.

I coloured the backs with some promarkers and then layered the flowers around
the circle to look like a wreath.  I then added some Creative Expressions Heart
Embellishments.

I hope you like my card, my mum loved it, to finish it off I did add a lovely verse inside on some nice paper and more navy card stock.  Simple but looks effective I think, I shall definitely try this again, it makes the background look great with just an acetate circle, some gorgeous sparkle paste and a fab stencil.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Used from my Stash
Faber Castell Polychromas pencils - indanthrene blue, mauve, violet, delft blue, blue violet, purple violet.
Tando Creative Stencil - alphabet.
Promarkers - Purple, French Navy

12 comments:

Julie Lee said...

This is so beautiful and there is so much work in it! I'm sure your Mum will love it very much. It's a gorgeous colour combo and a stunning composition with that special sparkle! Julie Ann xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

WOW! Stunning and so very effective, love it, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Blankina said...

Pretty sparkling card..and thanks for the tutorial too.
Glad you could share it with us and join the Loves Rubberstamps challenge, please come back soon,
Hugs Blankina

rachel said...

this is fabulous Kerry - clever use of the circle - brilliant and the flowers look awesome - fab xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing with us how you did it. Lovely! Thanks for playing with Addicted to Stamps Challenge!

Nance said...

Very pretty and sparkly card! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge for our Anything Goes! Come play again soon! Nance, DT

Kylie said...

Beautiful, beautfiul card. Love all the techniques you have used and that you showed us each step! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love all the techniques and the rich colors and sparkle you added...so beautiful! I'm sure your mum will appreciate all of your work and enjoy displaying it for a long time to come!
Thank you so much for playing along at ATSM this week! I hope you had fun and will be back again soon!

Nikki said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous card. Love the background you have created for you main card and also for your flowers. Lots of time spent on this one for a fabulous result. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki

trisha too said...

What a great sparkly background!!

:)

Jess said...

Very pretty! Love all the sparkle and shimmer. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act!

Words and Pictures said...

The flower garland looks just amazing, and all that shimmer and sparkle is so cool!
Alison xx