Sunday 13 July 2014

Paperartsy Inspiration - Awesome Pens

Hi ya, I'm back, still sore and trying to take it easy but it's nice to be able to sit at my craft desk and computer lol.  This means I got to play a bit yesterday and today to join in with the Paperartsy Inspiration Challenge and one of this week's designers is Keren Baker, her cards and layouts are truly gorgeous and she makes awesome clean looking cards, I so wish I could do that lol.  She played with stencils and Distress inks on one of her stunning cards this week and I decided to spend some time having a go, except I played with my new pens :-).  If you have seen Darcy Wilkinson's blog and also a post on Paperartsy HERE regarding some new pens they stock Caran d'Ache Fibralo which are rich watercolour pens, so of course I decided to try using them and see what they could do lol.  I have two cards in different colour ways :-).  Sorry about the pictures, I am not allowed to bend down so I had a bit of difficulty lol.

I just love how using the yellows, oranges, pinks and red pens give so
many different looks, especially the coral look.  This was just a huge
play session and I'm not sure about my artful blooms, but I decided to make it
into a card anyway lol.  Ellen or Darcy we need scribbly circle stamps
lol, I have thought about trying to do my own, but not sure that will turn out lol.
Some crafters can make fantastic scribbly circles but mine look awful.  I guess
practice makes perfect lol :-)






This is how the stencil looked before I sprayed with water.

I have fallen in love with this card I think, I love the way
the different circles look, yes I have a thing about sequins at the moment lol.
The border is bit like a distress ink technique but with the pens,
some pictures below.







Here is the stencil before the water.

For the border I scribbled on the mat then sprayed with water

Then I kept dipping my paper into the ink, scribbling more as I wanted.

I then added droplets of water, I am so in love with these pens.

Here is another one that I did but I didn't like the stamping I made lol

The above stencil is the paper below on the right.  I also tried some of the
flower stencils.

Right I better be off, hope you are having a nice weekend, I'm off to rest a bit and do some crochet, before I come back to my craft room lol.  See you tomorrow.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Paperartsy Stamps - EEV06, EEV01, ELB03
Paperartsy Stencils - PS006, PS001
Paperartsy Fresco Paint - Little Black Dress
Caran d'Ache Fibralo Pens - 185 - 180, 050, 070, 161, 220, 210, 160, 171, 010, 081, 009, 030
Montana Black and White paint pens
Promarker black pen
Archival jet black ink pad
Lawn Fawn Die - Scripty hello
Gems and Sequins

8 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

one word GORGEOUS. as soon as i saw Keren's post i knew the pens would work fab with that technique. So happy that you are having fun playing with them...your scribbly circles are just fine!

Craftyfield said...

Fabulous watercolour backgrounds! Difficult to believe it's made with pens, I am impressed!
As to the scribbly circles, I am no authority but they look fine to me.

Hazel Agnew said...

Wowser . Love all of these. First one is my fave. Love the background, think that it worked really well and scribbly circles look good to me. Whet my appetite for fibrolo pens. You did a great job. Welcome back! Xx

Keren Baker said...

Au contraire! Your scribbliness is wonderful! I love how you've created the effect with those pencils- now I want some! x

Helen said...

Oh no... so I AM going to have to get them... your cards are gorgeous, love them!! so are your scribbly flowers.

Ruth said...

Both gorgeous! Aren't stencils wonderfully versatile!

rachel said...

these are wonderful Kerry - love how you used the stencils - lovely results - must try doing this again!!! Hugs Rachel xx

Words and Pictures said...

The artful blooms are great, but I've really fallen in love with your scribbly circles - fresh, fun and free - it's really great!
Alison xx