Sunday 15 September 2013

Shabby Chic

Hi all, just popping on to show you what I have done for my DT piece for the That Craft Place Challenge Blog which is Things with Wings. I went with Shabby Chic for the challenge over at Indigo Blu (link below), never done it before lol, I enjoyed it in the end but it took awhile to do as it was something new for me :-).
As always I have included some step by steps as well which are below the main and close up pictures.
I would like to enter the following challenges -
Indigo Blu Challenge - Shabby Chic
Simon Monday Challenge Blog - Embossing (flowers embossed)
Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Papercrafting Journey Challenge Blog - Flowers




First time with distress markers, took some
getting used to trying to blend.  I have included
the ones I used below in the recipe section :-)




I covered the canvas in tissue paper that had a music
design all over it.

While the canvas dried I painted the frame (which is from France
if anyone wants to know the details just comment and I shall find the link. They 
do beautiful frames and the postage over here is really cheap.
I painted it with Fresco paint then used a crackle medium.

After it dried I painted it over with snowflake then
when that dried I lightly sanded.

 Close up of now sanded frame

Next I added a watered down coating of snowflake

Then I added some colour with Derwent inktense blocks.
I used these so when I went over it again, because they are water colours
they will blend with the snowflake in areas.

Before adding snowflake I stamped some script

When I stamp with script on backgrounds I never use a stamping block
instead I curve it in my hands.

I did drip it at one stage which you can see, so I will just cover that up
later.

Now for some snowflake.

To protect everything so far I added a matt medium

Next some Kroma Crackle in areas

After that dries some grunge paste through masks for some more texture

While that is drying I stamped on water colour card with my image Elizabeth and
painted used my distress markers.

Close up.  I only coloured where I would be using.

Next stamped and embossed with white the flowers.
Here you can see a bird but I didn't use it.  I have wanted to try this 
technique for awhile and after I used the distress markers I was well impressed.

Close up of all the wonderful texture.

I wanted a bit more colour so decided to use some sprays
(I ended up with cosmic shimmer and perfect pearl mists shown in recipe below)

Close up before all the bits were added :-)

I hope you enjoyed the step by step, any questions please don't hesitate in emailing or commenting.  Thank you so much for joining me today.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Canvas
Pebeo studio acrylics gel matt
Music tissue
Paperartsy fresco paint - snowflake and very berry
Kroma Crackle
WOW fine white embossing powder
Inkpads - Brilliance moonlight white, Archival jet black
Americana weatherwood crackle medium
Derwent Inktense blocks
Paperartsy grunge paste
Modpodge heat sticks white and mold
Treasure gold rose quartz
Sprays - Cosmic Shimmer (candy pink), Perfect Pearls (pearl)
Crafters Workshop Masks - mini art is and mini damask
Distress Markers - Flowers (milled lavender, aged mahogany, victorian velvet), Face (tattered rose, spun sugar), background (stormy sky), Hair (black soot), Top (worn lipstick, fired brick, spun sugar), Bird (antique linen, tea dye, gathered twigs)
Stamps - Indigo Blu (Elizabeth Bennet, Scrip Background, Live Laugh Love)
Embellishments

13 comments:

Lin said...

Absolutely love this Kezzy!! The colours, the texture and all the layers..fantastic :D

rachel said...

absolutely stunning Kerry - this is amazing x

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project! The background looks fantastic and I love those beautiful blossoms! Thanks for the tutorial and Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Lucy Edmondson said...

I absolutely love this, Kezzy, all the layers and stages all add up to the depth you have created in the final piece. Thank you for going through it with us. I would love to know where you got the frames from if it is no trouble. Thank you,

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

What a glorious canvas, Kerry - such beautiful colours and all the textures are beautiful... and yes, I'd love to know where those frames come from - it's beautiful, especially with your delicious shabby chic treatment.
Alison x

Almo said...

Hi Kezzy, this is a truly beautiful canvas, I love all the textures and in particular i love your flowers. Brilliant tutorial,thanks for sharing. Hugs Mo x

Gio said...

Such a gorgeous piece, Kezzy.

The texture and shade you got are terrific. The frame with that lovely image...perfect.

Very inspired piece.

Thanks for the tutorial!

Jenny Marples said...

A superb canvas Kezzy. So much wonderful texture. My favourites are those flowers which look so delicate. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs, Jenny x

Jenny Marples said...

A superb canvas Kezzy. So much wonderful texture. My favourites are those flowers which look so delicate. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs, Jenny x

Joanie said...

Lovely project Kezzy, love the colours and design. Fab!

I too would love to know where to get that gorgeous frame.

Joan

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Gorgous, love the process shots too!

Clare
IndigoBlu DT Member

Linda said...

Fabulous project, love all the detail and the texture. The flowers look beautiful and I love the frame. Thanks for joining in with the Forever 21 Challenge .... good luck! xx

Karen Petitt said...

If you are looking for a new home for this it will be made very welcome at my house. Beautiful creation, thank you for sharing how you made it too. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Flowers challenge Karen P, Paper Crafting Journey DT http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/