Sunday 8 September 2013

ATC - The Power of You

Hi all, sorry I didn't get to post these the other day, I only finished them today as I'm afraid I have had a cold, actually still got one lol, but at least I can hold my head up without feeling like it is going to drop off!!!  Have you seen the advert cartoon for sudafed, where the person has a head full of wool?  Yep I definitely can relate to that advert now!!! plus the Tunes advert for sore throat, wow can anyone remember that one!!!
Anyway I have managed to finish them this afternoon.  The pictures of the finished product are first, then I carry on with a step by step, also all details of products I used are at the bottom of the page :-)
I would like to enter my ATC's into the following challenges -
Ink on my Fingers - Birds
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes
Addicted to stamps and more Challenge - Anything Goes

Initially to start with I wasn't sure where I was
going with these (you will see later on in the pictures I just randomly
picked some stamps) but in the end they have a real meaning to me.
I am happy with my art, but it's taken a lot of time to
realise this, I used to look at everyones creations and think how
magnificent they were and I would never be able to do this.
Then one day while I was playing I realised that hey I love what I do
and in my own way my art is unique to me, since then I have 
really enjoyed the journey.
This sentiment says it all, Never forget the power of You :-)

Some close ups of each one



So I started with these on my desk.  The end result was 
completely different lol, but this was my starting point.  I really
do believe if you have so much stash, and not knowing what
to use, just pick some bits, and start from there, it really helps me try
different things and makes sure I get to use some lost loved stamps :-)

I started with a long piece of card that would be able to
be cut up to make 3 ATC's.
I used picked raspberry, salty ocean and mustard seed.
The reason I chose these colours, is I knew that I would also
get greens, purples and oranges as I almost picked prime colours (pink instead of red was
the change).  The tissue is there to stop me putting finger marks all over, as 
I tend to get them all messy then press them all over making muddy colours lol

Next I decided instead of flicking water I would dip it into some water,
this made other colours go in different spaces plus made that lovely
distress look.  I also heated in between instead of using a tissue, this gives
me almost burnt rings around the puddles which I love to do with dylusion sprays.

Can you see the bubble effect, I made that by dipping very lightly
into a spray of water on the sheet, pretty cool eh?  I bet it's been done
loads of times but it's a new one to me lol

Some close ups



Next I stamped some script with a light colour ink pad

I also stamped some birds randomly but I didn't take a photo oops.
Next I coloured another piece of card with dusty concord and chipped sapphire

This time I added a cosmic shimmer mist to the mat on dipped
it in randomly. Then I stamped the feather with versafine and heat embossed
with clear powder.  Then I spent ages cutting out the feathers.
Yep you guessed it, forgot a photo of that as well, think I got carried away lol


I coloured another piece of card with dusty concord and sprayed the mist.
Then I stamped the bird and clear embossed it.  Yep there are
four and I only need three, this is because if I hadn't had done a spare I would
have needed a spare, if you get what I mean lol

Here you can see the birds lol.  I cut up my background into 3 ATC's
and then glued on some Kraft card.  I use cosmic shimmer glue for everything,
seriously it sticks everything instantly :-)

So I have picked my verse, done the backs of my ATC's, you can see 
the feathers cut up and the birds.  I always go over all the edges with my black
promarker chisel tip, I find this so much better as when I go over with an sponge
I get it everywhere lol

Now at this stage I really wanted to add some edging, so I decided to use 
embossing powder.  I first went around the edges with chipped sapphire

Then gold embossed.  

Then I decided to make my own frantage type embossing powder, by
adding sprinkles of cosmic shimmer UTEE lilac black on the heated 
gold embossing powder.  You have to heat each section then sprinkle the 
lilac over in places.  You never get the same as you can see from the main pictures of 
the ATC but it does add some interest :-)

I hope you have enjoyed my step by step and if you have any questions then leave a comment or email me and I will try and answer any questions you have.  Thank you for all your support and wonderful comments.  I am now off to bed, first get my beechams cold stuff, cough and splutter a few times then hopefully go to sleep lol lol.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Distress inks - dusty concord, chipped sapphire, picked raspberry, mustard seed, salty ocean.
Inkpads - Archival (jet black, viridian), Versafine (onyx black)
Stamps - Creative Expressions (Birds, wise friend, timeless journey, art sayings), Paperartsy mini 32
Embossing powder - wow clear, cosmic shimmer (UTEE lilac black, gold)
Cosmic Shimmer mist - purple violet

6 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic ATCs, Kerry. I love the bubble effect from the water on the mat, and your homemade Frantage is very cool! Those feathers look great too...

Do hope you feel better soon.
Alison x
"A first-class return to NNNottingham, please... TUNES!!"

rachel said...

fabulous ATC's and I love the step by step Kerry - fabulous xx Glad you're feeling a little better xx

Julie Lee said...

Wow! Kezzy I love, love, love these! They are indeed unique and original! I love the effect of the UTEE and the bubbles and that feather is gorgeous! It's got such wonderful texture. You do such brilliant step by step too! I enjoyed this post so very much! You really have shown the power of you to create in your own special way! Do hope all the wool's gone from inside your head now!!! Get Well Hugs Julie Ann xxx

Nonni said...

Wow, these are stunning! I love the inspiring sentiment and all the creativity you've put to these. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

Marlies said...

Wauw these a beautiful creations! very orignal and they must have taken you ages to make with all the different technieks you used. A good idea on the 'frantage' I must try that. Thanks for joining the anything goes challenge at ATSC. Marlies

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeously inky, love those colours together and the inky effects you achieved... gorgeous ATC's... and it is lovely to read you are happy with the art you make... tis very true, always believe in the power of you! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x