Saturday 13 July 2013

Summer Camp 2 - Eeek I have managed a card!!!

Hi all, I have took a class from Online Card Classes called Summer Camp 2, as I have huge problems trying to make cards since I started doing lots of tags, hangings, canvases etc.  I can do the cute cards with patterned papers but I wanted to do some stamping cards, getting inky style on cards.  Well I haven't been able to play along all week (started on Monday) as of course I have been resting after my back thingy.  But now I have managed to get into the craft room and have a go and Eeeek it took a whole day to do one card!!!! and it is a complete disaster lol.  Doesn't help that my sewing machine had a fit (I do believe it is a user mistake lol) but still it sort of ruined it.  But hey ho I thought I would show it lol.  Anyway we had the following colours and sketch to work with - can't show a picture as its in class but I used white, yellow, orange and dark pink (not that you would believe it lol).

The background was distress stains (recipe at bottom of page) using
mustard seed, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade and picket fence,
then added perfect pearls pearl.
Then I used Fresco snowflake paint with an Andy Skinner mask,
as I tried loads of ways of doing something to actually add another
stamped layer (don't get me wrong if I had got my patterned papers
out this would have been doing pretty quickly lol).  So the
masked area and doodles are that part of the sketch, and of course
 you can see the sewing messes lol.  

You can definitely see the yellow (just!!!)


Right I had better be off.  I have to admit its nice to be back creating at last, even though my craft room is in disarray seems I had the idea to start sorting it all just before my back procedure injections lol.
Think I need to get painty tomorrow, mind you I can't believe I'm back to work on Monday and I shall be able to drive again (the last four weeks I have been unable to drive so thank goodness to be able to get out into the world again lol).  Hope you all are having a nice weekend.  Lots of hugs :-) Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Distress Stains - picked raspberry, spice marmalade, mustard seed, picket fence.
Perfect Pearl mists - pearl
Andy Skinner - burning rubber mask
Dies - Tim Holtz sizzix - vintage market alphabet and Spellbinders - nested pennants
Stamps - Tim Holtz -mini muse and sentiment was from Docrafts - hampstead
White paint - Paperartsy fresco snowflake
Pens - Uniball black, sharpie white and promarker black for staples
Red felt
Ribbon
Sewing (hmmmm if you can call it that lol)

5 comments:

Julie Lee said...

So glad you're crafting again! I think this is really effective, actually. There are lots and lots of techniques involved, including the stitching so I'm not surprised it took you a long time! I really, really like it - you more than 'managed' you created something really effective and original! Julie Ann. Hope you are soon feeling on top of the world. Julie Ann xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Very cool - I love the background and the stitching looks fab!
Alison x

Darnell said...

I think it's adorable, Kezzy! It is clear that you spent a lot of crafty time on it ~ so much more work and detail than I put into my simple cards! I'm so glad your back is better and you are starting back to work and driving! Take care!! Darnell

Jenny Marples said...

LOVE this Kezzy! Embrace imperfection as the great TH would say - actually it makes this card - and the colours are fab. Keep at it hun. Hugs, Jenny x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fab, so clever! So sorry you are having a rough time,

Lucy x