Sunday 26 April 2015

ATC's and Sad News

Good morning, I want to apologise for not being around this last few weeks, if you can remember I was telling you all about my mother in law being in hospital and my father in law had dementia?  As you know she came out. I'm afraid a few days after she had a major stroke, lost all feeling on her left side, plus she had a bleed on the brain.  We had to put my father in law in respite care as the social services at the hospital advised it as he didn't have a clue, all he kept doing was trying to escape to get to his wife.  We also learned he has alzheimer's.  We were told last Monday that they had done everything for Pauline but she had now lost feeling in the right side of her body and we had to sign a DNR.  She died peacefully Thursday evening.
As you can imagine the last few weeks have been extremely difficult and crafting, blogging and commenting had to be put on hold.
Today though I have some ATC's to show you that I did for a swap, there is a new challenge over at That Craft Place, I already had the ATC's done so I thought I would join in this week with the DT challenge (I normally just do all the posting).

The swap was for Stampotique and the title for us was Swaparoo
which was swapping bodies.











Thank you so much for your continued support and visiting me, hopefully normal blogging will resume soon.
Happy Art :-)
Hugs Kezzy
xxxxx

Product List
Stampotique stamps - Whisker Monster With Sign (body), Miss Snottie (hairband), Mary (head), Girl With Heart Purse (legs), Big Bee (wings), Daisy Daisy (background).
Dylusion Sprays - Campso Teal, Cut Grass, Tangerine Dream, Pure Sunshine, Lemon Zest, old with pearl mica added - Teal, Lime
Linda's Stamp Gang Sprays - Calfonia Poppy Gold
Archival jet black inkpad
Dr Ph Martin Bombay Ink - Aqua, Grass Green
Heavy Gesso
Absorbant Ground
Caran D'Ache Neocolor II - saffron, flesh, salmon pink, pink, purple, bordeaux red, salmon, purplish red, charcoal grey.
Stickles - Cotton Candy
Book Paper, Gems, Sewing

7 comments:

Helen said...

oh Kezzy, what a sad time you've had, I am so sorry for your loss - and your poor father in law, too! Sending hugs.
The atcs however, are beautiful.

Crafting Queen said...

So sorry for your loss.

Cazzy said...

Sending hugs your way, so sorry about your FIL and the death of your MIL, it is so hard when parents get old and infirm, we have a bit of that to deal with ourselves.

Cazzy x

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your mother in laws passing Kezzy. She will be forever healthy now in Heaven. I'm worried about my mum and dad growing old and having all the memories of everyone they love taken away from them and forgetting us.
Beautiful samples though:).
B Xxx.

rachel said...

so sorry for the passing of your mil - and it sounds like you'll have your hands full with your fil. Big hugs to you Kerry - you take care. xx

sally said...

So sorry to hear of the recent tragedies, I hope you manage to come out the other side stronger. We are on our way back to Scotland from Devon where we have just had the interment of my husbands aunt's ashes. It's all very draining so I fully understand what you are going through as this time last year it was auntie who passed away followed by my mum only 3 weeks later.

Stay strong, take care

Sally

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, Kerry - I'm so so sorry to hear about your mother in law, and of the news of your father in law's diagnosis too. You and the family must be having a really difficult time. Sending love and hugs.

At least with these terrific ATCs you will also be sharing some joy even at such a troubled time.
Alison xx