Saturday 26 January 2013

Paperartsy - Create

Hi all, Wow what a week I've had, but finally I can now blend with Fresco Paint, I already was in love with them but with Leandra's help and her fantastic videos I have managed to complete the one thing I had difficult with and that is blending, and they blend beautifully.  You really should watch her videos they really are full of detail and give you plenty of time to play along.
Bet your all wondering what I'm harping on about, Paperartsy blog has been having weekly designers and this week was the amazing Linda Cain, and you get a chance to enter a creation on how she has inspired you, well I have been totally inspired, still on the first creation but had mega fun.

Blended tag
After blending I then sanded lightly to get to the lower layers,
I wish you could feel it, it's so smooth and lovely to stroke!!!
Eeek that sounds really nutty to say oops :-)



Close Up

I also used Smoke Paprika on the charm




I blended with Fresco Paint Haystack, smoked paprika, butternut, london bus and claret.  I used versafine inkpad and stamped the bug from HP1004 and the words and grasses from HP1005 which you can buy here. Then I decided I wanted to give the bug depth, so I had a play trying on different papers, acetate, vellum and finally remembered I had a product called Clearly for Art from Wendy Vecchi. So I re blended the same darker colours smoked paperika, london bus and claret Fresco paint on the clearly for art and stamped with archival, then I gently dried, did the white dots then started drying again and starting to bend.

Right I better be off as I shall miss the deadline, that's because I play too much!!!!!!
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxx

6 comments:

Michelle Webb said...

Kezzy this is a wonderful tag, the colours are amazing, and the wings of the butterflies are really clever too. Lovely work.Michelle x

rachel said...

this is truely wonderful - the backgound is great and just perfect for the silhouette stamps - love the little white dot highlights too! Perfect x

Words and Pictures said...

Really stunningly beautiful, Kerry - this may be a new favourite of yours for me. The colours are amazing, with the sanding really working to reveal the layers beneath, and the black is so dramatic against them! Fabulous butterflies!
Alison xx

Annie said...

Wow Kerry this tag is stunning. :-)
Hugs,
A x

Gillian .... said...

Kerry this tag looks fab, the deep autumnal colours offset the bold black images beautifully, thanks for joining in the fun at PaperArtsy.

Linda M. Cain said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! You did a perfect job, and of course I love the white dots!!! BRAVO!

~Linda