Tuesday 29 January 2013

Monochromatic - Blue (way too much blue!!!!)

Hi all, its time for another challenge over at Anything Goes Challenge Blog which is Monochromatic.  I decided to have a go at doing a wooden frame and went with blue, but got way over excited, think I need to do this for a different challenge lol.  Might end up changing it I don't know, think it has way too much on it anyway so adding more may become challenging for Space!! lol.  So I painted it with Fresco paint, then added texture paste in most places and Viva crackle in the rest.  Then I repainted and started adding UTEE in loads of places, I used a pearl blue, a cosmic shimmer UTEE and I coloured my own with Adirondack alcohol ink stream which I made a dark and a light.  The areas that have this on it, it looks like you can see through but it's slightly cloudy, would look great as the ocean.  Mmmmmm should have done shells and stuff lol.  Then I added lots and lots and lots of beads, micro beads, glitter and sequins with glossy accents.  The middle is corrugated card which has had watered down paint on it, then I used a Crafty Individual stamp, then restamped on clearly for art in archival blue, I really need to practise working with this as my butterfly really looks like she has problems.  All this was stamped on book paper which also had watered down paint, then more beads etc.







Hope you join in with us at Anything Goes :-)  Most of my products are available from the Craft Den.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kezzy
xxxxx

9 comments:

Annie said...

This is so pretty Kerry. I love it.
Hugs,
A x

Christine L said...

Morning Kezzy

What a fabulous mixed media creation ... love all the glitter and detail!!! And all that stunning blue.... altogether fabulous!

Hugs
Christine x

rachel said...

well I think its wonderful Kerry - all the details are amazing - fabulous xx

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Kezzy, love, love, love it! How very different. Couldn't wait until you posted on your blog to come and take a closer look.. Stunning!!!
Hugs
Tamara xx

xxcalamityxx said...

Kerry this as absolutely amazing love it xhugsx Nikki

Carol said...

Hi Kezzy, loving your creation!!! Lots of work I know but oh how I love terra and ferro. You have included so much in this to give a stunning effect
Hugs Carol xx

Words and Pictures said...

Have to say, I don't think there is such a thing as "too much blue" - and this pretty much proves it... absolutely glorious! Like some extravagant 18th century grotto in miniature... Love the bling (just ordered myself some seed beads, now very pleased I did)...
Alison x

Janine said...

Hi Kezzy. I LOVE your creation! There's so much detail, it's just so pretty to look at.
Hugs, Janine xx

Annette said...

This is gorgeous, Kezzy! Absolutely LOVE the blue. And I don't think you should change it. It's perfect as it is with all the great details.
Hugs Annette