Sunday 1 February 2015

CREATE Steampunk Style

Good evening, hope your Sunday is going well.  I am back again showing another DT project, this time for That Craft Place Challenge Blog which this time is Anything Goes, everyone's favourite lol. I have started doing samples for Lisa owner of That Craft Place using her new laser cuts, both chipboard and wood.  Her stuff is amazing, plus you can order a shape you like if you want. I also have done a step by step, the process was so easy. Today I am working with the Chipboard Album Front Cover ........................


And this is what I did with it :-)

 Lots of close up pics

















And now for the step by step (really easy) ..................................

The chipboard cover

For texture I used tissue paper, I covered the holes in the whole process then 
when the project was finished I punched back my holes using the crop a dile, just
by looking at the back you can see where the holes need to be.



I didn't use gesso, I just went straight in with the paint, the product list is at then end of the post.

I didn't even dry in between, I just kept adding the product.



I left it completely dry overnight and then went in with some brown and blue spray
plus more of the fantasy product.

I left the above dry completely and then went in with Triple Thick Gloss, wow
this is wonderful product.  The letters I painted black and then used Treasure Gold
on them and the cogs before the gloss went on.  When it had totally tried I used black around the
edges and then splatters of black in and gold paint.

Right I shall be off, I am in the middle of playing with my journal.  Thank you so much for visiting me today, I really appreciate it.
Happy ART :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Product List
That Craft Place - chipboard cover
Tissue Paper added with Ranger glue & seal
Viva Products - Croco Crackling (copper), 3D Glitter Gel (bronze), Terra (terracotta effect paint)
Pebeo - Prisme Fantasy (cherry blossom, carabbean blue)
Eco Green Paint (black)
Paperartsy Fresco Paint (old gold)
Moon Shadow (crows nest copper)
Decoart Media Paint Spray (turquoise shimmer)
Decoart Americana (triple thick gloss glaze)
Treasure Gold (rose quartz, renaissance)
Dr Ph Martin Bombay Ink (black)

2 comments:

Pamellia said...

Holy jumpins' Kezzy, this is spectacular! I just added a whole bunch of new stuff to my wish list!!! Thanks for the step by step, because this is absolutely stunning and I have bookmarked it for future inspiration! WOW!! love it! hugs :)

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, that's amazing! Like Pamellia, I'm going to have to get my shopping list - especially the copper crackle - how cool is that?! Fantastic inspirational work again, Kezzy.
Alison xx