Saturday 28 February 2015

February Calendar Challenge

Good evening, how are you all today?  I was hoping to have this done sooner but earlier my ears popped sending me into a dizzy frenzy.  Think this ears, nose and throat problems after my cold 3 weeks ago is turning into an infection, grrrrrr I don't like doctors lol.  Anyway onto what I am sharing this evening, over on Darcy's Blog she started a calendar challenge in January and this month we had to use either bubble wrap or cling film technique, leave part of the picture and use corrugated card board.  I used bubble wrap and cling film on mine so I am super happy.  All month I wasn't too sure what to do, I wanted my month to have hearts on it but my page was tornado's (yes I love weather but think I should have bought a calendar with a bit more colour!!!).  In the end I thought of rain seems it's been rainy through the week.  As always I have done a step by step, plus a test with stabilo pencil that I now use all the time.
I would also like to join this entry with the following challenges -
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Artistic Stamper Challenge - LOVE

This is the page for February to alter.


I am loving this, I thought it was a fluke that January went well but in the end
February looks just as cool.  It certainly tests you though, but I am loving it.


































And now for the step by step ...........................................












I left it for around 15hours but it was still wet and managed to rip some of the sides,
which I covered up with a heart later on, I also used tape on the other side.




A little test for you, I love my Stabilo All pencil but wanted it water proof,
so I use Golden airbrush medium in a water brush, here you can see I tested it with
going over it once, twice and three times.  The results next pic.

Non of them bleed.  I do dry them with my heat gun before adding water.
I have been using this way for about a month now and it really works :-)





Clear UTEE at top, then add colours, then hold up and let it drip.





Right I better be off, want to watch CSI before going to bed lol.  Thank you so much for visiting.
Happy ART :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Product List
Paperartsy Fresco paint - blue oyster, smurf, china, glass blue, inky pool, snowflake, cherry red
Sprays - Lindy's Stamp Gang (tainted love teal, creme brulee cream), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (mels diner)
Stamps - Stampendous (small alphabet), Crafty Individuals (CI-)017 script)
Sizzix heart dies to draw hearts
Fancy Pants - white corrugated card
Crafters Workshop mini blazonry drew around to use as mask
Woodware mask paper
Stabilo All pencil - blue and black
Golden airbrush medium
Ink Pads - Archival (jet black), Versamark (dazzle)
Cosmic Shimmer - ultra fine glitter (red fire, sahara gold), UTEE (lava black) embossing powder (christmas red sparkle, arctic pearl lustre)
Judikins - sticky embossing powder
Ranger - UTEE (clear and black) Sparkle powder (gold), Emboss it dabber
Bubble wrap and clingfilm
Stix it foil

5 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

wow! you got some flippin awesome texture, those cling film folds are fabulous. Love the hearts and the storm provided perfect rain. Really nice composition.

Helen said...

Love the hearts, and your bubble wrap cling film techniques are fabulous! the rain drops are great (have seen a lot of those here in February!!)

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous project and tutorial and I adore all the texture you've incorporated into this piece and those hearts are fab! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x

abby j said...

Great transformation and fabulous tutorials...in fact, I love your Irish pages as well. Love that you do a tutorial and list of what you use!! Helpful!!

Words and Pictures said...

I adore those corrugated hearts, and the shimmer of the background texture too - a really fabulous altered calendar page. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Artistic Stamper.
Alison xx
(Did you get my email? Not convinced I sent it to the right address!)