Wednesday 15 October 2014

Floral Art Journal Page

Good afternoon, how are you all today?  I am making sure I get my blogging in every other day this week as I have so much to show you lol.  I have decided to change the time I post as in the evenings I get totally lost in what I am doing and never have the time :-).  This started off as a mop up page with lots of orange!!! so I knew I just had to have a flower, keeping it cheerful so I can ignore the fact that it's wet and windy outside.  I have also done a step by step to show you the process :-).
I would like to enter the following challenges -
Artist Trading Post Challenge - Aything Goes
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Starting with O (orange)

I miss summer already lol mind you I lurvvvve Autumn colours so that will 
be next lol :-).

Lots of close ups so you can have a good nosey (I like to see all the close up details lol).












And now for the step by step ............................

 Here you can see my mop up page :-)

I decided that I really needed to get rid of some scraps, so I had
a look through and sorted the colours out that I wanted.

I knew that I definitely wanted to use my new stamp set (which I have
had since they came out in August) which is the gorgeous petal stamps
from Paperartsy, in which the amazing Ellen Vargo designed them,
and some other awesome stamps for Paperartsy.

I popped this pic in to tell you about how I put all my scraps away neatly
and sorted only to find when I was stamping I had lost a petal stamp.
Yep I had buried it in with my scraps, as you can see now, they are not sorted
anymore as I tipped them all out to search for the stamp lol lol lol.

I also punched out some small flowers with some leftovers.
You can see cuppa number 1 here.

Here are all my stamped petals :-)

I have loads of different embossing/modelling paste.  I decided to 
start using the ones that I wasn't over fond with to get
rid of them. The Pebeo one seems to be quite thin so I used
this, it's one I definitely won't be buying again.
I also used the Crafters Workshop mini tiny circles.

When it was all dry I used some multi-medium to protect it all.

If I ever stamp a sentiment to be cut out I always stamp a few, this
way if I cut wrong I don't have to stamp again, the leftovers
always get put back with the stamp set and these are what I used which are
from stamp set Paperartsy ELB05, I also masked off on the stamp the verse
so I could stamp straight onto the journal the author, this way it doesn't pop as much
on the white.  I also used Tim Holtz worn text to stamp the larger ART bit.

Here you can see I was trying to decide where to add the verse.

Next I stuck down my petals and some of the punch out flowers.

I added some Paperartsy Fresco paints yellow submarine, london bun, blood orange,
tango, haystack, little black dress (I also have written down butternut
in my notes, but I'm positive I have no butternut on here, complete lack of
brain moment.  I think I might have put it down as tango and haystack make an almost
identical butternut so for future use, ooops don't know lol).

Cuppa number 2!!! Yep I love my tea lol.
Next I added some of the paints to the background using Crafters Workshop
mini well rounded and stamping with paints and archival red geranium and jet black
using Indigo Blu stamps itsy bitsy and script backgrounds.

All that was left to do was shading with Faber Castell Pitt pen walnut brown
and doodling with Uniposco fine white and black pens.

Right I shall be off, hope to see you again tomorrow or Friday, hope you enjoyed the step by step.
Thanks for visiting.
Happy Creating :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

11 comments:

rachel said...

hiya Kerry - I adore your pages - the colours are amazing and I love those petals - awesome - its given me an idea too!!! Thankyou!"! Hugs to you! Rachel xx

Annie said...

Kerry your journal pages are fabulous and I love the PA stamps. Great colours and textures with wonderful photographs and a great step by step.

Thank you for joining in with us at ATP Exchange

Hugs Annie x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous journal pages. The background details and colours are awesome. Thank you for joining our first challenge at ATP Exchange.
Yvonne

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great kezzy love seeing your process. The pops of white are great and I love how you did art in a different font, would never have thought of that,

Lucy x

darcydaydream said...

Love love love love love it.....xx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - what a fantastic sunshine page… the layers are just amazing. Brilliant!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pages Kezzy ! Love how you've used up some scraps and the colours are gorgeous !
Thanks for joining us at ATP Exchange. Sue C x

Meggymay said...

Back to thank you for sharing your fantastic journal pages with us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Ruth said...

So bright and colourful, fabulous journal pages and I love the Ellen Vargo stamps! Congrats on your win! Ruth x

Anna-Karin said...

Beauiful journal page! Love the large flower and the great sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Sarn said...

Hi Kezzy . . .so glad I came to visit. Your journal pages are so wonderful. Thanks for sharing how you made it. I've been journaling for just over a year and there is SOOOO much to learn, so I was very interested in the process of creating such a gorgeous page.

Hugs, Sarn xxx