I would like to enter the following challenges :-
Love To Create Challenge Blog - Anything Goes Mixed Media
Crafty Boots Challenge Blog - Sentiment (one on the front and one on the back)
Craft Your Passion Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
I know this is a dark picture, I kept it in as you can see the whole piece.
The next one is brighter and clearer :-)
This is the back
Lots of close up pics, I so love all the texture.
And now for the step by step -
This is the ATC blank that I decided to make into a hanging.
I added some muslin with some gel medium.
Next some Indigo Blu coarse modelling paste, the texture is amazing.
Close up of how thick it is, yummy texture.
Finally for texture some Finnabair art stones.
Next I gave it a coat of gesso.
These are the items I picked out for a play. Not all got used.
First off the seahorses got a good spray of shimmer mister paint white.
Then a good spray of primary magenta.
Back to the white adding blobs.
Move the wood around to make the white run into the magenta, making almost
a marble look.
Next I sprayed the ATC back, front and sides. I gave them a good spray of the shimmer white,
shimmer turquoise and primary cyan.
Here the first coat is dry.
Next just the white with water.
This helps lighten it.
Now for some bombay ink and water.
Here they are almost all dry.
Next some glass bead and glitter gel in areas on the seahorse.
White heavy body paint added with a finger. I love how it grabs all the texture.
This is my favourite paint to do this with, because it's heavy body it stays put where
you add it.
Next I added some white, dioxazine purple, turquoise and some titanium white iridescent paint.
The beads had a purple tone so I wanted to add just a smidge here and there.
Next I added some do da's (I can never remember what these are called).
I wanted a bit of shine so I added some embossing arctic pearl lustre.
NOW this is where I made a huge mistake. I thought it would be nice to add the
pink of the seahorse somewhere on the background. I used Angelina fibres and
neon paint splats. It turned out horrible but I did manage to fix it, carry on to see what I did.
Yep it didn't look right and took all the texture away I loved.
I spent ages carefully removing all of the heated fibres. Some of the background
came off in areas. You can see here the neon pick splats yukky.
This the back.
I added some cerulean blue hue and bombay ink with water.
Then to replace the purple I added some bits of violet bombay ink and water.
Back to the white with a finger and at last all the horrible pink has gone :-).
Because it was wood, it took the whole taking off and putting on rather well.
Next some Crafty Individuals stamping with some blue edging and the seahorses
got some black around the edge and some googly eyes.
Right that's it for tonight. Hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit.
Happy Art :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx
Calico Craft Parts - atc and seahorses
Sprays - Decoart Shimmer (turquoise, white), Decoart (primary cyan, primary magenta)
Prima - 3D matte gel, art stones
Liquitex Heavy Gesso mixed with Liquitex Soft Gesso
Golden Soft Gel Matte
Faber Castell - glass bead and glitter gel
Liquitex - Heavy Body paint - titanium white, dioxazine purple, turquoise deep, iridescent white.
Liquitex - Ink - cerulean blue hue
Dr PH Martin Bombay Ink - aqua, violet
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder - arctic pearl lustre
Frantage turquoise mica flakes
Archival jet black ink pad
Crafty Individuals - CI272
Distress Ink Pad - mermaid lagoon