Sunday 8 March 2015

Funky Mosaic Mini Canvases

Hi ya, I know I haven't blogged in a week, purely because of being ill, but after 4.5 weeks the good news is antibiotics are working and I am feeling so much better :-).  Anyway today I am popping on to enter the Miniature Art over on the Paperartsy Blog and I have made paper mosaic tiles (1cm square) on 7cmby7cm canvases, plus on 1inch stampboard, I also found 2 pack of hoarded PA Crackly tissue paper so I also used that.  It all came from playing with my gelli plate and I loads of left over brayer card (which was on PA cardstock and crackly tissue paper), all of the paint I had used was Fresco (product list at the bottom of the post), mainly new colours which I was messing around with.  

I left them as is, I can't decide if to add words or if to leave them just like
this, bright and colourful.

These are what I started with and still have loads left lol.

Now this flower was using my stencil brush with my PA stencil, the other flower
on the other canvas was done first but I couldn't be bothered to get up
and grab my stencil brush, I soon changed that for this one as it never works
any other way for me lol. 

I did add black around the squares using my stabilo all pencil but I didn't like it so
luckily I managed to wipe it all off.















Right I better go and enter as it finishes soon.  I have really enjoyed playing with all the small squares and definitely think I might have another go.  Thank you so much for visiting.
Happy Art :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Product List
PA - cardstock and tissue paper
PA - Stencil PS005
PA Fresco paint - mermaid, bougainvilla, tangerine twist, caribbean sea, blueberry, little black dress
Prima Art basics soft matte gel
Stampboard
Canvases
Gelli Plate left overs
Xcut square punch 1cm 
Posca white pen
Golden heavy gel

15 comments:

Helen said...

they're gorgeous Kezzy! hope you feel better soon, I'm coming down with a cold now..

Unknown said...

Great little canvases Kezzy, full of colour and personality!
I hope you feel better soon, my sister has a bad cold and I hope I don't catch it, but if I do...no school!..Any excuse 'ay! :)Xxx.

rachel said...

these are beautiful Kezzy - so colourful and fun - I don't think they need words! Hope you feel better soon - I have a friend who has been full of cold/flu for 4 weeks too - no fun! Big Hugs Rachel x

Sherry said...

You must have a lot of patience Kezzy working with all those tiny squares, but what a wonderful result! Love the combination of all the glorious colours too.
Glad you're on the mend now, take care xxx

PaperArtsy said...

Farrr lippin eck !!! that is a bloomin lot of teeeny squares on your desk!! Love how they have come together on the projects! Gorrrrjussss!

Craftyfield said...

Fantastic colours! Personally I wouldn't add any text, especially on the flowers. I can't believe you punched, placed and stuck all these fiddly squares... I don't think I would have stayed the course.

Diana Taylor said...

These are gorgeous - I love the colours, you must have been so much patience stamping out each one individually. They are fabulous little works of art. Thanks for visiting me earlier,
Diana

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Kezzy! I love the bright colours against the black, what an amazing contrast! A lot of work and TLC went into these, well done! hugs :)

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Kezzy your mosaic mini canvases are so wonderfully made, lovely colors, love them.
Anni

Words and Pictures said...

I'm in love with your mosaic canvases, Kerry - what a wonderful idea, and beautifully executed. The colours are just lovely. Fantastic! So sorry to hear you're still making your way back to normal - I think I'm just about there now (haven't made it to the post office yet though!).
Alison xx

Nancy said...

I love this! Is the Gelli Art Plate awesome and the things you can do with it?? Just love it and I love what you did without the results!!!

whyducks said...

Really lovely

whyducks said...

Really lovely

Capescrapper said...

So creative and colorful!!

laurel said...

All of these are beautiful and such a great way to use all those prints.