Monday 13 January 2014

Creative Expressions - Cool Bags

Hi ya, I bet your wondering where I have been all week, I'm afraid I have been poorly, but at least now I can feel myself getting better, it wasn't a cold I had it was Bronchitis, now wonder I felt rough, I didn't even craft at all last week.  But the medication seems to be working and I am starting to feel like I want to be up and not sleep so all is good :-)
Of course today is Monday which means it's time for my DT creation for the Creative Expressions Blog and this month we are working with some wonderful stamps, Creative Expressions Stamp Set Antique Dressforms and also the wonderful Creative Expression Singles bags which I have done a Card today with them.  As always I shall highlight Creative Expressions products in my step by step.
Don't forget - 
I am also giving away at the end of the month the Creative Expressions Antique Dressform stamp set, brand new not been used.  Each Monday this month, if you comment you will be added into the draw to win, so if you comment 4 times you get 4 chances :-)

A Card this week :-)







And now for the step by step, I have to apologise, I didn't get everything on the camera as I got quite
involved at one point while putting it together as it wasn't working lol.

I used Creative Expressions Cardstock and painted with Distress
Paint Broken China and mixed some Eco Green Paint White to make it 
slightly lighter.

Next I used some cheap PVA Glue, it's best to use some
cheap stuff as it works better and takes longer to dry,
save your good Cosmic Shimmer Glue for sticking lol

I used an old gift card to scrape it on thinly.

Next quickly (while the glue is wet) paint on Eco Green Paint White,
just one layer.

When it dries you end up with a lovely crackle effect :-)

I used Distress Ink pads Broken China and Tumbled Glass
and sprayed Cosmic Shimmer Mist Teal Wash on some Creative
Expressions Cardstock.

While I had the spray out I sprayed some cheesecloth with
the Cosmic Shimmer Mist.

I also wanted to have a nice white sparkle piece of card,
so I used Creative Expressions cardstock and Cosmic Shimmer
Mist Pearl.

On the blue coloured card I used Ranger Perfect Medium and
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Embossing Powder True White and
embossed the Creative Expressions Singles Bejewelled Bag and Basketweave Bag
stamps.

To give some shadow I stamped on my heat mat the Distress
Broken China and added drops of Cosmic Shimmer Mist Teal Wash and
painted it on with a paint brush.

Next I used the new Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Pearl PVA Teal
to decorate the bags also adding a Creative Expressions Embellishment Pearl Gems.


On my crackle background I stamped the script from
Creative Expressions Timeless Journey and some of the words
from Creative Expressions Antique Dressform with 
Archival Aquamarine and French Ultramarine.
As you can see at first I was going for a square card but changed it.
I also used the inkpad on the White Cardstock we coloured with the mist,
the word Fabulous, I also used Couture Creations Tied Together
embossing folder with the white sparkle card as well.

I put the card together, used some of Tim Holtz Flower Ribbon and
the cheese cloth, I found some dangles in my stash.  Everything
was edged with Broken China and Creative Expressions Gilding Wax Summer Blue.
The large flower is Creative Expressions Ribbon Roses, with the Cosmic Shimmer
Sparkle PVA Teal and then for some added sparkle I sprinkled some
Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk Glitter Turquoise on top.

Right I shall be off, sorry it's late this morning, our internet was off, but luckily after doing some unplugging and plugging lol I managed to get it back on Phewwwww.  Hopefully I should be creating a lot more this week.  Thanks for Visiting :-)
Lots of hugs
Kezzy xxxxxx

9 comments:

cheryl said...

Wow this is amazing love the detail and textures you have created hugs cheryl xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Kerry, love the crackle and teal/blue colour palette. Lovely details. Tracy x

June Horrocks said...

So pleased you are better.it is a beautiful card I love the colour I so want to be able to do this type of card I am getting the stuff together bit by bit I do decoupage cards for Christies so at 76 it will a big change love June xxx

rachel said...

such a pretty piece Kerry - really gorgeous - love the crackle - it works as well as any special mediums! Beautiful blues too. Hope you're fully back to recovery soon! Big Hugs rachel x

Julie Lee said...

Hi there! Sorry I'm so late, as I had to do some work earlier for my tutoring. It's lovely to see you back to health and creating. This is such a pretty and effective card with lovely textures, colours and embellishments: I love that rose. I love that crackle too. Must try that sometime. Look after yourself, Kerry and keep well. Thinking of you. Julie Ann xxx

deliadottie said...

Thankyou for brightening up my day with such a beautiful inspirational card my fingers are working overtime to try some of your idea's and what a treat they are,

Unknown said...

Hi Kerry, what a truly stunning Card I love everything the Colours the Stamps and most of all the great tips and techniques thanks for sharing hugs from Sam x

Words and Pictures said...

Such a pretty creation... so sorry it's taken me so long to catch up with it. Suddenly realised you hadn't popped up on my dashboard for a while - do hope the bronchitis hasn't developed into something more ominous.
Sending lots of hugs,
Alison xx

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Gorgeous work and fabolous layout. The colours and the crackle design are beautiful.
LG Petra