Monday 23 December 2013

Creative Expressions - Christmas Decoration

Hi all, yep it's Monday so it's time for my project for the Creative Expressions Blog.  I'm sorry I haven't been around, as you know I had my injections, well I also caught a flu bug and have been feeling rather poorly and spent all last week recovering from my back injections and flu, yesterday was the first day I started to feel human and errrr reality dawned that it's only a few days until Christmas eeek. I have missed out on lots of crafting but I have until 6th January off so I am certainly planning on catching up lol lol lol. So for this weeks project I have done a tree decoration just in time for Chrismtas :-) As usual I will highlight the products in red and you can find where to buy from and what products they sell by going to the Creative Expressions Website :-).








And now for the step by step :-)

I forgot to take a picture of the first step, but I took some Grey
Creative Expressions Card stock and painted it with Eco Green Pure Silver Paint,
then used Cosmic Shimmer mist in Pearl and Teal Wash.


Next I used Perfect Medium with Cosmic Shimmer True White
Detail Embossing Powder with the Creative Expressions Henna Rangoli stamp
and I stamped and embossed it 6 times.

I cut each of them out then used Spellbinders Circle Dies
to cut the centres.  

Next I used some acetate and glued it with Creative Expressions
PVA glue on each side of the large cut outs, I also added some
Silver string.

I put them together and secured with some clips until it was dry.

The reason I used grey cardstock is I knew that
I wouldn't get them exactly lined up, so this way it looks like a shadow effect :-)

I then added acetate to the other sizes I had cut out.

Next I added some dimension circles (you could use squares, just
make sure they are close together), I doubled them
up as I really wanted it to stand out.  I also added some talcum powder
on a brush and went along the inside of the foam pads to get
rid of any stickiness so my jewels wouldn't stick.

Next I added to the inside Creative Expressions Micro Beads,
Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels Iced Snow and White Ice and
then a bit of Distress Glitter Pumice Stone.



To finish off I added some Creative Expressions pearls
and then did the other side exactly the same :-)

Right I better be off, I have a day of wrapping to do lol, I shall be hopefully back tomorrow, but if not I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and I hope Santa brings you all the crafty goodness you want :-)
Merry Christmas
Lots of Hugs
Kezzy xxxxx

4 comments:

rachel said...

stunning make Kerry - hope you're fully better now and able to enjoy Christmas! Hugs xx

Julie Lee said...

Where have I seen this before? It is the loveliest Christmas decoration ever, Kezzy! We all thought it was professionally made. How clever you are! I do hope you have a wonderful Christmas feeling well and happy. Have a terrific New Year full of creativity and joy! Julie Ann xx

Mrs B said...

Hi Kerry. This is so beautiful, I love it. Happy Christmas. Take care.

Unknown said...

Hi Kerry,
What a Awesome Christmas Decoration it's Truly Beautiful
I love how you breakdown step by step how you created your Fantastic Project!
Have a great Christmas and New Year

Love and hugs from Sam x