Sunday 30 September 2012

Make your own background

Good morning, it's time for another challenge at That Craft Place Challenge Blog and this fortnight it's my turn to host the challenge and I have chose 'Make your own Backgrounds', this could be something simple like altering a patterned paper with a little stamping.  I love adding a little extra to my backgrounds even if I only use an embossing folder and I so wanted others to have a go, hence the challenge.  Over on the Shop Blog I have done a few tutorials through September ready for this challenge to give others some ideas, I'm no way an expert, they were just simple ideas and today I shall put up a tutorial on masterboards.  Really it's not much of a tutorial as a follow me while I'm learning lol as this was the first time I had done one!!!!.  If you saw my post on Friday you will see the first one I did and here is the other one I finished last night .......


I decided to do a bit of stamping to give it a little extra -

I would love to enter the following card into these challenges :-
                      Passion for Promarkers Challenge Blog - Autumn Leaves
                      Crazy 4 Challenges - Leaves
                      Everybody Art Challenge - Autumn

And here is the card I made from the background above


I have really enjoyed doing these backgrounds and have plenty left for more cards this week, think I might go for some CAS cards with just a background and sentiment, that might look good lol.  This won't be the last time as I think I shall probably do loads more, I would love to do a christmas one as that would make loads of cards after.  Thank you to everyone who visits and truly appreciate it.  Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kerry xxx

Recipe
Masterboard
Sheena Douglas (a little bit sketchy Autumn leaves)
Distress inkpads (forest moss, aged mahogany, gathered twigs, rusty hinge, seedless preserves)
Adirondack inkpads (butterscotch)
Archival inkpad (jet black)
Cosmic Shimmer mica pigment (red bronze and lava red)
Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder (bright gold metalic)
Crafty Notions (mixed colour gold/autumn leaf)
Frantage  (aged scarlet and aged gold)
Other Embossing powder - Copper and Stamp n Bond
Rest of Card
Saturated Canary Stamp (Autumn)
Inkpads - Stazon (jet black), Adirondack (pitch black)
Xcut corner punch
Spellbinders - Lattice Rectangles
Black embossing powder
Copper glitter
Sheena Douglas (embossing folder heavy swirls)
Fiskars scissors (stamp)
Ribbon
Ribbon girl mini pumkins
The leaves were made out of a acetate, alcohol inks, mica, glaze and tissue paper done ages ago)
Colouring - Promarkers (burnt sienna, umber, cocoa, ginger, spice, burnt orange, aubergine, crimson, burgundy, coral, oatmeal, blush, walnut, henna, olive green, moss, pear green, mustard, amber, apple cidar, plum preserve) Flexmarkers (rose peach, light fawn, firebrick)

5 comments:

Annie said...

Wow Kerry. I really love what you have done to this background. I love the effects and the colours.
Hugs,
A x

Words and Pictures said...

Super-gorgeous!! Amazing colours and embossing! Totally fabulous Kezzy!
Alison x

Unknown said...

wow. I love the detail. The colours are lush too xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kerry, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your background looks amazing. Thanks for joining in with our "autumn leaves" challenge at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Kerry,
This looks fabulous. I love this image. Your colouring wonderful & the background paper is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx