Monday 13 February 2012

Quixotic - Sketch

Hi all, talk about leaving this late, its been on all month and finishes in 2hrs lol, I'm taking about the challenge over at Quixotic Paperie which is the sketch below.  I fancied doing a bit of colouring and noticed this sketch I printed of awhile ago.  Wow I now realise why I have only used my polychromos when colouring snowmen or animals/birds as I really found colouring the skin really difficult and feel I have made a mess of it, especially when I use a brown pen to highlight the brow which I thought was permanent, and yep you guessed it, the pen didn't dry quickly, I decided to blend more and next thing I know I had brown ink everywhere doh!!! so I ended up going over it all in ivory trying to get rid of it lol.  Any body who uses these Faber Castell pencils and would like to send me some advice for skin, I certainly would appreciate it, I have the full set which I think makes it more difficult, too much to choose from.  Here is the sketch and card.....................


Right I better stop the talking and get and post this so I can add it to the challenge, you know what I'm like I could waffle on and on and on lol lol.  Thanks for looking. Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Stamps - The Greeting Farm (set - spotlight), Stampin Up (tiny tags), Martha Stewart (doily stamp)
Dies and Punches - Spellbinders (circle), Woodware (mini flower punch), Xcut (corner punch)
Patterned Paper - My Minds Eye (lost and found rosy)
Inkpads - Stampin Up (daffodil delight), Archival (coffee)
Creative Expressions - Twill
Gem, staples, mini tag, kraft natural twill all from own stash (in other words forgot lol)
Colouring - Faber Castell Polychromos - raw umber, bistre, walnut brown, burnt umber, pale geranium lake, poppeian red, dark naples ochre, may green, dark flesh, medium flesh, light flesh, sanguine, white, ivory, fuchsia, madder, cold grey 1, cold grey 6 and Lyra blending pencil

1 comment:

Alina said...

it's a very pretty card, Kezzy, thank you for joining us at Quixotic Inspirations!
hugs, Alina