Monday 15 September 2014

Creative Expressions - Golden Baubles

Good Morning, how are you all today?  It's Monday which can only mean it's time for my project for Creative Expressions Blog and this months theme is Christmas with the awesome Sue Wilson stamps and dies.  Also we are having a DT call which ends on the 24th September 2014, pop on over to see how you could join this awesome company, they are fantastic to work with and I will be sad when it ends.  Oh and another thing, this weekend it's Ally Pally which is hosted by Creative Expressions and lots of companies will be there with lots of demo's.  I shall be there on Saturday which I'm really looking forward to.  Right onto my project, this week and next weeks are very similar using the same colours but slightly different products, I am planning on having them side by side my gold wreath over the fireplace.  As always I shall highlight the products by Creative Expressions during my step by step :-).
I would like to enter the following challenges -
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Christmas
Craft Room Challenge - Something Old (stamps are really old), Something New (Dies and Embossing Paste first use).
Moving Along With The Times - Add Texture (crackle medium, texture paste on the baubles)
One Stitch At A Time - Add a Die

I really love the crackled background with the gold seeping through,
perfect for Christmas :-).












And now for the step by step ....................................

I used a paper mache thingy!!! from my stash and painted two layers
of Cosmic Shimmer Paint Gold (my new favourite), I then added when it
had dried Cosmic Shimmer Crackle Glaze.

I wanted a cream look but was running out of the Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk paint Vanilla
so I added some Warm White to make it last over this and next week's project.
I also painted some embellishments but didn't use them.
I then painted over the top of the dried crackle and let it do it's thing :-).

Doesn't the gold look awesome through the cracks, so loving it lol.

I wanted to keep with gold and cream so I painted some of the Creative Expressions
Pearl gems in different sizes with some of the gold shimmer paint, they turned out
a lot better then I thought.

Oops I missed the fact that I cut some card with the Creative Expressions Craft Die
Vintage Bauble.  I then added some Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste Gold Pearl.

I then used my palette knife to make some texture.

I then lifted the bauble and put it to dry.  This would have been good
to do this on a background as the left over looked amazing, but I had already done 
my background lol.

This is what it looked like before it dried.

And after it had dried.

Next I cut the main part of the bauble with card and Creative Expressions
Adhesive Sheets, yes I did think after I should have cut them while 
the sheets were attached to the card oops.

I then added Cosmic Shimmer Polished Glitter Sahara Gold over the sheets
and added the textured baubles on top.

I stamped the sentiment from Creative Expressions Stamp Set Partridge in a Pear Tree with
Archival Jet Black ink pad.

I didn't have any of the Cosmic Shimmer gold paste so I used Ranger Studio 490
Embossing Paste Metallic Gold through the Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Stars.

I took the swirl from Creative Expressions Stamp Set Sleigh Ride and 
stamped it with Ranger Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer 
Detail Bright Gold.

I took the music stamp from the same stamp set and stamped randomly over
the background.

 I added all the gold pearls I did earlier with Cosmic Shimmer Glue which glues
everything (I have been using this glue for around 3 years it's so good).

I added some Creative Expressions Pearl String and then some Creative Expressions
Gilding Wax Enchanted Gold.  Now I normally add dark around the edges,
but because I want the eyes to move from this piece to the bought gold wreath and then
next weeks project I decided to add some thing lighter.

Right that's it for today, thank you all for visiting and I hope you have a fantastic Monday.
Happy Creating :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

9 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous Kezzy, now I am definitely pleased I ordered the dies.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Cazzy said...

Kezzy, That is a beautiful hanging, I am envious of your Cosmic shimmer stash!I love Cosmic Shimmer glue too, but the nozzle clogs up on mine. I have a small one and wrecked the nozzle trying to unclog it all the time, so I bought the bigger size - and I have the same problem. I currently have a pin in it because the cap doesn't seem to keep it airtight but the pin is going rusty now so I need some better pins like the Art Institute ones now.

Cazzy x

Annie said...

Hi Kezzy :-) this is a stunning project and I love all the wonderful products/techniques you have incorporated. I saw those baubles over the weekend on a certain craft channel and they are beautiful. Thank You so much for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight
HUgs Annie x

Tammy said...

WOW this is absolutely Stunning Kezzy! I love all of the textures you've used! ;) The crackle background and ornaments are beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
Tammy x

Claire Grantham said...

WOW!! Love all the texture, all the work that has gone into the elements is great. THanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Cx MAWTT DT

Mervi said...

Beautiful creation.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

carol said...

what a fabulous creation, thanks for playing along with CRAFT x carol

magpie said...

Oh wow! I can't believe all the different techniques that you have done have made this gorgeous creation! "Thank you" Kezzy, it's just fantastic! xx Love Karen xx

Aspiring crafter said...

This is stunning, love all of your different techniques and especially the stamping and embossing.
XxRuth