Monday 19 May 2014

Creative Expressions - Just A Note

Good morning, how are you this gorgeous morning here in the UK.  It's Monday which means it's time for my creation for the Creative Expressions Blog and this week it's another card!!! I know I hardly ever make cards and this month has been full of them lol, this time I am using the Creative Expressions Single Stamp by Sue Wilson called Just a note.  The minute I saw this stamp the first word that came to mind was Tranquillity, peaceful and gentle.  I think it's because of the flowers being set against the sky and I knew I wanted to make a card and that I wanted the clouds from the stamp to flow over the card.  As always I shall highlight the products from Creative Expressions, over on their sight you can find your nearest stockist and also the products they sell, it's way more then I realised lol.  Also don't forget to have a browse over at Craft Clearance Online Shop to buy past products and mega cheap prices :-)

I tried the no line colouring technique to keep it soft, I did use
grey so some lines could be seen, I did try white but wow 
no way could I even work out where to colour lol.

Some Close Ups :-)




And now for the step by step :-)

I used a square piece of Creative Expressions Coconut Card Stock and
blended in Distress Ink Pads Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Broken China.

Next I flicked with a paint brush Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours Pastel Aqua and
Sapphire Sparkle.

After it was completely dry I embossed the Creative Expressions Single Stamp
Just A Note with Perfect Medium and Cosmic Shimmer Detail Embossing Powder
True White.

Next I stamped a piece of watercolour card with the same stamp
using Archival Wendy Vecchi Watering Can ink pad but
using the second generation.

Then I gently coloured in the image, using a mix of Distress Markers
Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon,
Pumice Stone and Mowed Lawn and Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours Golden Scarlet,
Topaz Sparkle, Golden Mint, Pastel Aqua, Sapphire Sparkle and Blue Pearl.
The cosmic shimmer watercolours were mixed in with the markers for a more
gentle sparkle and the clouds I used some Cosmic Shimmer Mica Pigments Pearl
mixed with some water.

I then used the Special Touch Cloud Stencil with a mix of Cosmic Shimmer Paint Pearl
and Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Paint Warm White with my finger.
I then used water and Distress Marker Broken China to add depth to the clouds.

Next I used Creative Expressions Texture Stamp Set (script stamp) with
Perfect Medium and Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder Lapis Sapphire Lustre
and randomly stamped in places.

I matted the main panel with some navy Creative Expressions Card Stock,
I wanted to bring the rich orange from the image panel onto the card so decided
to add some pearls in each corner.  I am terrible for trying to get them straight so
I find using a marker to dot the area helps.

For the pearls I decided to use the Cosmic Shimmer Coloured Pearlescent PVA 
Berry Red, here you see it how it is added but as you can see from the main picture
it turns into a gorgeous red metallic pearl.

Right I better be off, lots of work to do and hopefully some more crafting later this evening.  Hope you have a fantastic Monday.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

2 comments:

rachel said...

this is fabulous Kerry - really brilliant - I love the dimension on the flower - awesome! Hugs rachel x

Words and Pictures said...

Such a pretty stamp, and I love the clouds flowing onto that lovely layered background. Great card! Still struggle with cards myself - must try harder!!
Alison x