Monday, 4 November 2013

Creative Expressions - Winter Flowers

Hi all, I can't believe this is my very first post for the Creative Expressions Blog, I am truly excited.  They have already kept us busy which I shall reveal towards the middle of November and I just finished them yesterday so for todays project it was an idea I had but ultra quick.  Also over on the blog are introductions of all the new DT members, with only have the internet for a few days I haven't been able to catch up with everything, soon I will have them all on the sidebar, but please pop on over to see everyone's introduction and we all got to answer some crafty questions :-).

This is the stamp set we are working with 
in November
Lots of gorgeous winter flowers :-)

I have been thinking about this idea on and off,
a vintage type door number thingy (not sure what they are called lol).
I have done a step by step to show you what
I did.  I am really happy with it, not sure if to add some vintage
chain or to leave it how it is lol.

It's quite hard to show through the UTEE but
I used distress as I wanted the images to wicker out as if
it was old.

I did um and arr if to do the 41 in black or the same distress,
I decided to go with the distress, but still not sure lol.

I used MDF Wall Panel Rectangle as my base and 
used Picket Fence Distress Paint using a sponge.  I did two coats
so it was nicely covered.

I marked out where the center was for the number

I stamped all the flowers from the Winter Flowers Stamp Set
with Distress Inkpad Chipped Sapphire going around the outside edges.

I also masked off areas if I needed to.

Now this was the first attempt!!! Will explain all further down,
I used water and the chipped sapphire inkpad to add colour, making
it look very vintage BUT DO NOT use distress marker!!!  I did and 
it turned really really purple and I had to start again lol.
Now if you want purple go for it lol.

You slowly paint inside the area but no fully or not precise

And voila, a completely different placed flowers lol.
After my first mistake I sanded, re painted and re stamped.

Now it's time to use a perfect medium like the Distress embossing ink

Don't panic, it will be a bit uneven but after 3 applications it settles
out quite nicely.  Also can you see the colour, it's gone really soft, 
I knew this would happen from tests I did, I would always go for a darker
if your adding UTEE.  Also can you see in some areas the distress colour,
how it wickers out into the middle, this is fine as it 
really does add to the vintage theme.

Now I like to test before doing lol.  And over the weekend
in between secret bits I was doing, I also did some tests .........

And more tests ........

The text I didn't do was the distress marker test and 
I have done another test to show you how the purple really jumps
out if you use a marker.  I should have took a picture of the ruined plaque
first time round, but I was too busy trying to re paint it straight away lol.

So that's it for me, lots more to show you lol.  I am looking forward to doing a few me bits over the next few days so look out for more posts as I play :-).  I shall be back Monday with something a little more creative next week with this stamps set, but for today it was nice and simple :-).
Happy Crafting :-)
Lots of Hugs
Kezzy xxxxx

5 comments:

butterfly said...

It's lovely, Kerry - it really does look like a bit of 17th century Dutch porcelain - so cleverly done.
Alison x

rachel said...

amazing work - definitely looks like porcelain xx

Julie Ann Lee said...

Oh, Wow, Kerry, this is spectacular! I love, love, love it! It really looks vintage and just like something made in Delft from porcelain. It reminds me of stills from 'The Girl with the Pearl Earring'with Scarlett Johansson. Julie Ann xx

Tracy Crafty said...

Kezzy this is just stunning ! I love the distress feel, fits the stamps perfectly xxx

Amanda said...

Wow Kezzy this is Gorgeous!! Love how you have made it look like an old piece of artwork. Love your pieces so much. xx