Monday 3 June 2013

Journal Page - Bloom

Hi all, I can't believe I missed my DT post, should have been up last Sunday (bank holiday weekend) I reckon it was because I worked all the way through lol.  So over at That Craft Place Challenge Blog the challenge this fortnight (finishes this Saturday) is Dies and/or Punches a really easy one.  Because I was so busy finishing the end of year accounts that weekend I decided to do a journal page and I used dies for the leaves and circle die for the flowers, details at bottom of page of what I used :-)
I would like to enter my journal page into the following challenges
                                      Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
                                      Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Handmade Background




I really enjoyed playing in my journal, this is only my second page lol.  I did find that I had to do the background etc on separate card as when I tried spraying dylusions sprays even though I used gesso, they just saturated the journal, in the end I had to rip loads of pages out.
Right I better be off, I have a few days off so I am doing some household jobs (yuk), nipping mum to town for an hour and then spending the afternoon in my craft room (excited lol).
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Stamps - Inkylicious (chicken wire), Indigo Blu (wild meadow, vintage flourish, script background), Paperartsy (JOFY 10 & 11), See D's (garden of friendship).
Sprays - Dylusions (pure sunshine, lemon zest, bubblegum pink)
Distress inkpads (mustard seed, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, shabby shutters)
Distress paints (picked raspberry)
Masks - Crafters Workshop (mini flower shower)
Gesso
Dies and Punches - Xcut (corner punch), Spellbinders (circles), Tim Holtz Alterations (mini branch and leaf set)
Manila folder
Archival jet black inkpad
Black promarker and Sharpie white pen
Prima Sunrise sun set paper by finnabair

4 comments:

Julie Lee said...

I love the gorgeous, warm colours on this and the effect of the thread around the flower; I'm fascinated by fibres at the moment and thinking of doing some journal work using fibres in some way myself. Good luck with the challenges! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Well, it was worth waiting for - what fabulous pages! That flower looks so cool...
Alison x

rachel said...

stunning page Kerry - really love that flower. I'm going to get to that ATC today - promise! Hugs rachel - p.s. my daughter picked up your atc this morning and said - 'oh mummy - this is wonderful - so much better than you normally make! oh from the mouths of babes! Hugs xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous journalling !! I love the colours and whole design of this ! absolutely fabulous ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x