Saturday, 2 April 2011

Chocolate Galore

Before I start I better warn off anybody who has given up chocolate for lent!!!!  Hi to all, hope your have a brill weekend.  I am entering the following into reasonable ribbon challenge - punches and die cuts.  When I was little my mum used to day a fantastic spread for parties and there was always cheese and pinapple in a potatoe, and one time I asked if we could do chocolate and marshmellows!!!  It was a great success and from then on I have always tried to do something special for the kids at parties.  My friend asked if I could do her a chocolate tree, she had seen something with chocolate bars on sticks with loads of ribbons.......
I made a box at the bottom and filled it with oasis, then I decorated the outside with pink card, martha steward punch for the blue and then a butterfly and flower trim at bottom a closer look .........

I stuffed tissue paper around the edges and then cellotaped bars and packets of chocolate to sticks then added paper ribbon at the top.  I then made two butterflys with TH sizzix butterfly die cut, added to a stick with knotted ribbons down the stick, wire and beads for the umm errr eye things at top of butterfly (not sure what they are called lol lol), I made sure they were also backed as well so you couldn't see any wire etc.  Closer pic ..............
The party is today and I'm afraid I'm not going as I haven't got all the strength in my legs yet which supposingly happens and it will get better within 10 days.  So I wish Lacie Louise a mega happy birthday party for today she is 1.  Her actual birthday is next Tuesday so I'm determine to make it then.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
xxx

6 comments:

D K Crafts said...

Hi Kezzy. This is a gorgeous gift idea and who can't resist chocolate. Take Care. Donna

Alice Wertz said...

this is so fun and pretty! wonderful gift idea!!

Debs M said...

wow this is stunning x

peggy aplSEEDS said...

arghhhh! that's me, i'm not having chocolate this lent. well you did warn me!

Monika/Buzsy said...

This is fabulous! Love it! Sorry to hear you didn't make it to the party. Hope your leg is all better!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great project! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.