Sunday 12 July 2015

Paperartsy - Flower Jars

Hi ya, we seem to have a bit of internet at last but can only use one computer at a time, so as you can imagine it's interesting seems we all want a go lol.  So I shall be super quick today, I have two jars for the challenge over at Paperartsy Blog which is stencils. I also did some step by step pics.  Products I used are listed at the bottom of the page :-).

I have to admit, it took a couple of weeks to do these but wow I am
so pleased with them. The flowers are
all JOFY stencils on tissue paper.
 The stencilling was hard due to tendonitis in my right
thumb and hand so I have a thingy on that keeps your thumb straight.
It did come off a few times!!!

















Step by Step Pics
First I used gesso, this was because the gesso was out and I was running
out of snowflake, normally you don't need to add a pre coat if your using fresco paints.


I was also running out of mermaid so I tried caribbean sea with snowflake
and wow I really loved this colour.

Testing out colours on a scrap piece of card

Coated with liquitex matte medium to protect it before adding the next stage.
As it is I left them on the desk and did some splashing of paint on another project,
which ended up on the jars.  In the end I gave them another coat but forgot the matte
medium lol


I ended up trying different stencils for the leaves but in the end stamped on tissue paper.





Another stencil I tried using.  I scrapped the paint off the dried stencil and look at
all those paint scraps, they will definitely be used in the future



I always do a lot of testing, which pens, what paint.  Here I was trying
to decide if to paint the back of the tissue so it would be completely invisible on the
jar and it worked :-)


Preparing for the tissue to be added to the jars


Didn't like the stencil leaves so used a squiggly leaves stamp instead.
I wanted to use promarkers but also black archival, but of course they don't
like each other, so I stamped with archival, painted the blue underneath and
then after adding it and using collage pauge over the tissue I was then able to use
my promarker.  Yep it took awhile all the cutting lol.




I couldn't stop there, I started to wonder if I could decorate even further.


Thanks for visiting.
Happy Art :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx


Product List
Gravy Jars
Liquitex Matte Medium
Studio Ranger Gesso
Paperartsy Fresco Paint - snowflake, wisteria, lavender, blueberry, tango, tangerine twist, banana, yellow submarine, pumpkin soup, bougainvillea, caribbean sea
Paperartsy stencils - PS008
Archival jet black
Paperartsy Squiggly Ink - Flora & Fauna 3
Promarker - bright green, Flexmarker - pesto
C Roberson & Co Universal Lacquer
Pilot Drawing Pen
Aleene's collage pauge
Tissue Paper

2 comments:

jojo79 said...

These are brilliant, fab job.

rachel said...

these are brilliant - I adore them kerry - fab job xx