Monday 9 June 2014

Creative Expressions - Wonderful Adventures

Hi ya, just popping on as it's Monday which means it's time for my Creative Expressions Blog creation.  This month we are playing with the new Creative Expressions Single Stamps by Sue Wilson which are all beach/sea themes.  Today is my very first scenic creation lol, you wouldn't believe how many times I had a go at this lol but I am really pleased with the outcome, even the other half is impressed :-).  As always I shall go through the Creative Expressions products during my step by step.
I would like to enter my creation into the following challenges -
Craft a Scene Challenge Blog - By the Sea
Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog - Outdoors
C.R.A.F.T Challenge Blog - Fathers Day/Male
City Crafter Challenge Blog - Nautical

I am so in love with the cute straw hats that Creative Expressions do,
it really does set the card off beautifully.







And now for the step by step, this is the first time doing a scene but I did take pics as I went, but I would appreciate any do's and don't's that you may have on scene stamping, as it may just be something I might fall in love with :-)

To start with I played around with the stamps to see how they would work,
then I stamped on copy paper and made a mask for each image and sprayed
temporary adhesive on the backs.  After I used them I store them with the stamps
to save having to cut out again lol.

On a 6 bt 6 inch square of watercolour card I stamped Creative Expressions
Single Stamp Marina Bay and Little Fisherman in Archival Jet Black.

Next I masked the boy and used the rocks from Creative Expressions
Single Stamp Lighthouse.

I left the boy mask on and stamped the large grasses from
Creative Expressions Single Stamp Beach Flora.

On the other side of the card I stamped the rocks again.

I masked off the stones and stamped the small grasses that is included
in the Beach Flora Single Stamp.

Keeping the rocks mask on I stamped another small grasses.

I wanted more texture for the sand so I used tape to cover the areas of the large
grasses that I didn't want.

Same with the Creative Expressions Single Stamp Beach Bucked Bliss,
I ink the stamp and then take off the tape.

As you can see here it gives more texture to the sand to help when colouring,
I did some more after this but didn't take a picture but you can see in the main picture
the large amount of sand I did :-)

When I'm not sure what type of colour medium to use I find it's best to grab them all out
and test which medium to colour with.  In the end I didn't use the Cosmic Shimmer
Watercolours as I liked the non sparkle look for this card.

For the sea I used Distress Ink pad and Marker Salted Ocean and
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Ink Sea View.  I did go back later for adding some
more blending with both these colours.

For the sky I used Distress Ink Pad Stormy Sky, I also used the bleach
effect with water for the clouds.  I did add more shading later on.

For the sand I did a wash of Distress Ink Pad Scattered Straw, then I added
a drop of Distress Ink Reinker Antique Linen with water for the next shade,
I kept using more drops the darker I went.

For the rocks, lighthouse and rocky mountains (it could be sky, hills or rock I think)
I used Distress Ink Pad Pumice Stone and Marker.

For the boys skin I used Cosmic Acrylic Inks Cosmic Tone and Warm Delight,
I then went in later with a touch of Umber for the darkest shading.

For the boys shorts I used Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Ink Umber and Scarlet Flame.

For the boys hair I used Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Ink Dark Spice and
Distress Ink Marker Vintage Photo.

For the boys top I used Distress Ink Pad Faded Jeans and Marker.

Ooops I noticed I haven't took a picture of the grasses I did, I used 
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Ink Soft Moss and Distress Ink Marker Peeled Paint.
I couldn't find a suitable sentiment so I had a go at the Idea-ology Rub Ons Botanical and
wow I was impressed, them come off really smoothly and look fab.  To finish I matted with
some Creative Expressions Card Stock and added some small shells from my stash
and the Creative Expressions Straw Hat embellishment
which are so cute :-)

I hope you have enjoyed my project for today, it certainly was a new experience for me lol.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

9 comments:

cr@fty said...

Gorgeous Kez I've only just got my stamps and of course the straw hats ( you've got to have them lol) so your card and instructions are what I needed thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Heather

rachel said...

Gorgeous work Kerry and the scene looks just perfect - I love all the details - its also perfect for our beside the sea challenge at Craft a scene this month too! Would love it if you joined up! Brilliant work! Hugs rachel xx

Ros Crawford said...

This is adorable!! Beautifully done ... I love that hat!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the straw hat!!!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kezzy, lovely scene.
Thanks for stopping by mine, the technique I told you about would work really well on this card.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Words and Pictures said...

How delightful - fabulous masking to create the little beach scene and what an adorable touch with the straw hat!
Alison xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning scene Kezzy, I've been trying to resist buying these stamps seeing this I might have to give in. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

Sue xx

RitaK said...

OMG, I love this card, actually all about it, it's a masterpiece :-) Hugs Rita

rachel said...

back again Kerry! Thanks for joining us at Craft a scene this month! Hugs Rachel xx